Job report much better than expected

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

You might want to read about randomness

#11     Dec 4, 2009
  2. Finally some good news. Hopeful for a increase in volatility in 2010. These past couple of weeks have been brutal. Going to keep risk tight heading into the holidays.

#12     Dec 4, 2009
  3. google it.

#13     Dec 4, 2009
  4. We've been getting decent/good economic news for 6-7 months now.

#14     Dec 4, 2009
  5. It dropped alot, I can seel job loss slowing but was this .2% hired for new jobs already?

#15     Dec 4, 2009

6. not the definition fool.

the jobs report has taken into some adjustments when considering the actual numbers.

Im not asking what "seasonal adjustments" mean.

#16     Dec 4, 2009
  7. I'm sure it's quite significant. Masses of umemployed are being dropped from the Labor Force right now at the BLS.

www.shadowstats.com has the unemployment rate not improving at all. Instead it's worsening, up to 21.8%.

#17     Dec 4, 2009
  8. Yes this was a really useless conclusion.

#18     Dec 4, 2009
  9. Todays action will dilute some of tomorrows disappointment when job losses continue to be larger than expected. We're a long ways from any real growth in the employment market.

#19     Feb 4, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Speaking about tomorrows job report.....

Feb 5 8:30 AM Nonfarm Payrolls Jan - -40K 15K -85K -

Anyone have an opinion on where job numbers are tomorrow, many thought last month was going to be a positive number however it came in well below estimates at -85k. There is also talk that there were actually more job losses than told, 1 million more since the beginning of the recession. Aside from that I have a feeling that tomorrows numbers actually might be better than many are talking about and could lift markets back 1-2%. I think they are pushing this market lower to get better pricing ahead of tomorrows report.

#20     Feb 4, 2010