Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chood, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Chood

Chood

As a service for traders now or soon looking to broaden their career horizons. I'll go first with these expanding labor markets:

Travel agents. Best location: lower Manhattan, particularly if knowledgable about extradition treaties (lack thereof).

Congressional investigator/subcomittee staffer. Location: Wash. DC. Work for oversight committees on securities and financial services. Benefits include travel to some of the same countries now vogue for Manhattan travel agents.

Actor or actress, infomercials. Dazzling potential here given, naturally, programming holes nighttime on CNBC.

2. lindq

lindq

LOL. If the Dow is down another 400 tomorrow (memories of 2002), I suspect a great number of resumes will be dusted off and polished.

3. Chood

Chood

Hot off the press, this recent addition to list started two weeks ago:

Analyst for Federal Reserve. Genius-level IQ required to figure actual value of mortgage derivatives Fed recently has taken as collateral. Chief benefit: excellent long-term job security, because it'll be many years, decades even, before Fed actually knows how much taxpayer money will be lost on the loans collaterized by these derivatives.

4. Chood

Chood

I'm not complaining, but I don't know why mods moved this to Chat. The thread is quite relevant to the Trading forum and gettin more so by the day, isn't it?