Job numbers tomorrow......Blame it on the snow!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Mar 4, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Outlook is for a loss of 51,000, they already have the "blame the weather" excuse ready to go if job losses come in a lot more than the 50k loss they are calling for. For some reason I think the estimate of -50k estimate is a little high, I'm estimating a loss of something -10,000 to plus 25k. Like they said blame it on the blizzards because without them this economy would have easily created 547,000 jobs for February.

2. jjj1000

jjj1000

Well, if the employment number is bad, it is the blizzards' fault (and they will spin the result as not as bad as expected for the circumstances). If the number is good, then they will say:"wow, even with blizzards and all the number was great" Either way they will spin it as "good" and pump the market up again. I would buy it but my guts tell me not to buy this fed/ppt pumped market so I will stay on the sidelines

3. i have been thinking the same thing: suspicious headlines have been popping up about the weather totally screwing up the upcoming employment numbers.

the weather this season must be really really bad if every month everything is blamed on the weather.

4. Anyone else getting sck of the lame excuses and nonstop propaganda from the government and big Wall st. firms?

-----------------------------

Some quotes from the master of propaganda-

"All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach."

"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

--Adolf Hitler

------------------------------

Our government learned well.

5. Typical spin doctors telling the "idiots" what they want us to believe.

We have a blizzard . . .
    My son misses 3 days of school but we still go to town for groceries and a movie.

We have a blizzard . . .
    People can't start a new job for a month because they can't get to work.

Please. You see what the politicians think of our intelligent level right?

6. pupu

pupu

I bet we get that magic word again: 'UNEXPECTEDLY"

7. I will blame it on "Snobama" hehe

8. The numbers will be great huge bull market run from all the short covering billions actually. They will take these billions and employ the rest of the country.. I am curious though if you have 3rd population baby boomers I would expect job growth as our population is aging or is this just me ???

9. Focus on the more important issue. Those that are losing/denied benefits just aren't counted any longer.

10. S2007S

S2007S

Not bad at all, this will call for yet another rally in equities, however things are looking somewhat overbought.

I mean how many stocks are up hundreds of percent over the last year along, does anyone really think

Ford can jump another 1000%
    Apple gain another 150%
    WFC another 195%
    BIDU another 225%
    X another 199%
    M another 170%
    COF another 250%

What about

LZB do you think that can gain another 1600%%%%
    TEN another insane 2,197.92%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The list goes on and on and on, why jump in now with more risk to the downside.

#10     Mar 5, 2010