job market is grim, particularly if u r 50+

Discussion in 'Economics' started by darwin666, Jan 3, 2011.

1. $15/hr here.

#41     Jan 5, 2011
  2. 1) Are you still talking about "housecleaning" or prostitution? :confused: :D
    2) The people paying the high fees may be housewives who are squandering their husband's money to keep "peace". :( :mad:

#42     Jan 5, 2011
  3. Lots of people overpay for all kinds of things. Kudos for charging a premium rate and getting it, but your customers likely could have received cleaning services for < half of what you charged. (Businesses overpay regularly.. justified by the fact they can "write it off").

Running a mop and vacuum cleaner shouldn't be a $70K/yr job anywhere... lots of folks with Masters degrees don't get that... and they can spell "cat'.

#43     Jan 5, 2011
  4. No need to pay that rate. Lots of competition for the work for less $$.

#44     Jan 5, 2011
  5. It might be interesting to note that Thomas Friedman, in the book "The world is flat" said that in the future, the most secure businesses will be ones that require a physical presence. Housecleaning was one of the businesses he suggested would prosper. Of course, if everyone else is a housecleaner...

#45     Jan 5, 2011
  6. We should all practice and get used to cleaning houses (doing laundry, etc). Won't be long before we'll all be doing such chores for the Chinese who own us... :mad: :mad:

(Personally, I'm hoping to get with some young Chinese couple where the cute/sexy wife wants to diddle the help.... then again, I was hoping to hit that $355MM Mega Millions lotto last night, too..)

#46     Jan 5, 2011
  7. The more things change the more they stay the same. 20-25 years ago, all I heard was talk about the Japanese owning us.

Granted, this time around, we are orders of magnitude more vulnerable to our creditors.

Hey, but I'm just a "doom and gloomer".

#47     Jan 5, 2011
  8. olias

olias

I wouldn't touch another man's wife.

Men have forgotten their code of conduct. We're a bunch of douchebags now

#48     Jan 5, 2011
  9. Lots of people overpay for all kinds of things. Kudos for charging a premium rate and getting it, but your customers likely could have received cleaning services for < half of what you charged. (Businesses overpay regularly.. justified by the fact they can "write it off").

Running a mop and vacuum cleaner shouldn't be a $70K/yr job anywhere... lots of folks with Masters degrees don't get that... and they can spell "cat'.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, it amazes me the kind of Progressive Thinking that goes on with this site.

The poster stated he started the company. Thus, 35 per hour. He is a Entreprenueur. He can charge whatever he wants and the "Markets" will set the true wage. His performance may be 2x that of a "Half Price" person. The business have a CHOICE to stay with him or go cheaper.

I do not know any PRIVATE BUSINESS that pays more because they can write it off. That is the dumbest fucking thing I've heard...but it does not suprise me as ET is full of "non" business owners and non-traders.

I suppose that my take down of 10% of 2.5 million, that I raise for Private Equity Deals is "Overpay". I get that every deal I close on every project under 10 million. Anything above 10 million the take down decreases......but according to your logic, I'm over payed.

How can you post on a trading site, with your fucking non-sense?

Do you think that all those successful ETers, who sit on their arse, pushing buttons and using leverage to try and make millions, if they do make any money at all, are Overpaid as well?

Who is to define what "overpaid" is. Hold on, wait a minute...didn't OBAMA and some of his czars try to "Cap" CEO pay?

It is people who think like you, who are a threat to capitalism.

I say we put you all on a nice SteamShip.....over to Russia you can go where "WAGES" are fair. Or I can have the Steamship drop you and your kind off in the Arab Lands...where wages are far more 'balanced' than in our dirty little world of "CAPITALISM", or what little is left of Capitalism.

#49     Jan 5, 2011
  10. Capitalism died a gruesome death in 2008. Now, some are more equal than others and the rest are left to pick up the crumbs where they can.

#50     Jan 5, 2011