Job Help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by YoungOne, Nov 20, 2007.

1. YoungOne

YoungOne

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good job to do while trading that has decent pay. I only have a high school diploma but have a good amount of knowledge in computers. I am located in Southern California but am willing to move anywhere. Ideally id like to be able to make enough to pay rent. Do any prop firms pay salary or anything like that? I just need something to get me by until I become a profitable trader. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. The best deal at a prop firm I have heard of before is a base salary (very small amount) and you keep 50% of what you make. They take care of everything else. I don't know about other prop firms but this is one of the better deals I have heard of before. If you already know how to trade this might be a good choice.

3. dcvtss

dcvtss

If you're good with computers look into getting a networking cert (CCNA etc) and working in a NOC or data center swing shift or overnights. You'll get decent pay and have days free to trade. It's also usually a good job for reading books (trading or other) as a lot of time is spent idle.

4. YoungOne

YoungOne

How much pay are we talking about?

5. dcvtss

dcvtss

entry level probably around $45k

6. A lot of the prop trading firms in Chicago are looking for overnight junior traders. Pay is anywhere from $35-50/yr base. Allows you to trade your personal account during the day.

7. YoungOne

YoungOne

Overnight traders? What does one do exactly? 30-50/year is great as I just need enough to cover living expenses. Any specific firms you can recommend? I appreciate the input.