Job Fight: Immigrants vs. Locals

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, May 24, 2009.

1. Please explain how the US "allowed the auto industry to stumble."

#21     May 24, 2009
  2. Aok

Aok

Who then proceeded to flunk his drug test and lose the job.

It's simple. Really.

As the masters of capital, who respect no nations flag, have no allegiance, care nothing except for the bottom line, move resources wherever it's cheapest to produce them, the world will become MORE like the United States used to be, and the USA(and other nations) will become more like the rest of the turd world.

When a guy was making $14/month now is making $28, he just got a yearly 100% increase in pay. Buffet is drooling at thought of a return like that, since he's paying his quant's assistant $28/hr to bring him coffee.

This is the beginning of the new glided age for the new robber barrons, not the end.

Go back to your econ 101. Marginal revenues can actually increase when you sell less at a higher price.

And thats whats happening from the supply side.

When Maytag closes and moves plants to Mexico, the US employees next job will almost certainly be for less $.

Maytag doesnt care if their employees bought Maytag products and even if they did, just a drop in the bucket if they never buy Maytag again, compared to labor savings cost.

Multiply that 100's/1000's of times and bingo, instant jingoism.

Until companies get a taste of their own, ie buying drugs for 40% of cost in Canada, flying to Mexico to see the dentist and getting a crown (including airfare cheaper and better care then some hack in the USA on the insurance dole), having a master of capital in India, pool $ and underwrite (and undercut)health insurance in the USA at rupee pricing.

Until stuff like that happens, the hollowing out of the USA will continue because there is too much $ to be made.

300 million people in China (ie the USA population) has never seen a toothbrush. Why do you think Colgate and friends are quietly building plants there?

Shop everything because that is the only way you're going to survive. The days of glory for the fat, dumb, lazy consumer are over.

The pain-is-a-coming. And it cant be stopped.

#22     May 24, 2009
  3. it's global capitalism at work, shoving it hard into mankind's a__, you are suffering by losing your jobs, they are suffering by hardly getting paid sh*t for the work they do

#23     May 24, 2009
  4. Looking at the photos on the WSJ link, I think a large part of this issue is lazy american culture.

Look at the photos of the 'immigrants': they appear similing, social, healthy and family oriented. As mentioned already, they made positive comments.

Now look at the americans: they look overweight, tattooed, smoking, and two are wearing army camoflauge? Just what does this tell us, exactly what war are they planning to fight?
    They look anti-social, look at their closed aloof faces.

Statictically speaking, I would not be surprised if 20% of them use drugs.

NOTE: the same thing is occuring here in Canada but to a leser extent.

Immigrants tend to have strong familiy ties, whereas americans are socialized into divorce, war, racism, and other anti-social behaviors. The immgirants in these pictures look like normal good people

#24     May 24, 2009
  5. pupu

pupu

Ya don't know what you're dealin' with. No, you never did.
    Ya don't know what you're lookin' at, but that's tough titty, kid!
    The lion don't sleep tonight, and if you pull his tail, he roars.
    Ya say, "That ain't fair?" Ya say, "That ain't nice?"
    Ya know what I say? "Up yours!"

#25     May 24, 2009
  6. Thanks, Pa(b)st Prime! A while go I disagreed with all of your posts but lately you have come around (or maybe I have too lol) and I find myself agreeing with most of them. :cool:

The pace of change forced upon us in the last 3-5 years is mind bending...we need to remain sharp, focused and aware. The war is against us....

#26     May 24, 2009
  7. I think the US administration did not clearly understand the magnitude of the problems :

http://autoyensubsidy.interactive.biz/faq.html

http://www.autotradecouncil.org/Upload/RCP_oped.pdf

http://dpc.senate.gov/hearings/hearing28/collins.pdf

Now, that major world central banks reduced rates to near zero levels it´s not anymore possible for the Japanese to control currency fluctuations as they did for years with their near zero % policy. 50 % Japanese export drop speeks for itself.

#27     May 24, 2009
  8. why should they, maybe you get a government job by pretending to be patriotic, maybe you try to fill your void with patriotic feelings, what the f*k do they get, when they have enough money to buy a mansion, buy security, buy slaves, in every f*king country of this world, then every country is their home, why should they limit themselves to one imaginary border or some colorful fabric

#28     May 24, 2009
  9. The IT guy in India is solidly & upwardly mobile middle class.

#29     May 24, 2009
  10. that's because their middle class is f*cking poor, and their poor are hardly alive ... it's mankind's willingness to continue life under any circumstances that makes it so easy to take advantage of them

#30     May 24, 2009