Jimmy Carter: Religion is one of the 'basic causes' of violations of women's rights

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Now lets get that mosque built and celebrate NBC's person of the year!

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm going to celebrate the day this old anti-american libtard drops dead. Jimmy hates America because it did not reelect him.

It takes class to keep your mouth shut in retirement and Carter has none.

3. it takes more courage to speak out against the injustice of the religion you are a member of.
    change can not happen without a few couragous men stepping up and challenging the status quo.

You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.”
    — Bertrand Russell, Why I am Not a Christian, 1927

4. olias

olias

I agree with you, and Jimmy. And I grew up very Catholic.

5. Does that imply being sexually abused??