Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Sep 21, 2012.

1. I'll check it out. (man, now I bet South America is really pissed, he wasn't planning to start a Soros love fest.)

#41     Sep 27, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

jim rogers doesn't use leverage. jime rogers recommended shorting fannie mae and the banks. I don't recall him saying to short the market in general.

rogers doesn't margin to the hilt like ET posters.

"Anyone who took his advice recently is dead broke. "
    can you show proof ?

#42     Sep 27, 2012
  3. thanks for the link. I just watched the lecture. On a shallow note, it is amazing how he can do it with no notes. The lecture is 44 minutes long, and the introduction takes almost exactly 22 minutes, obviously well planned out ahead of time.

The one that cracked me up was, "We need to limit how much traders can be paid at banks, that way they will go back to hedge funds where they belong."

The gist of it is, efficient market theory just isn't getting it.

Hope your trip goes not too bad

#43     Sep 27, 2012
  4. Visaria

Visaria

There's a trading diary in Soros's book, Alchemy of Finance.

Also, The Money Masters by John Train (might be The New Money Masters) has an interview with him on the same lines as Market Wizards.

Jim Rogers is a first rate analyst, but lousy trader. His timing is crap and he has always acknowledged it. I doubt he is a billionaire, but his net worth is probably in the hundreds of millions.

Soros and Jim do not like each other, they fell out years ago. Apparently Jim can be a bit of an arsehole and Soros throws people away like used tissues.

#44     Sep 27, 2012
  5. Yes it is funny.

Whenever Rogers opens his mouth he says he has the worst timing in the world so don't listen to him.

And then you have people on message boards ranting don't listen to him he has a terrible timing.

:D

This holiday I listened to the audio version of his book adventure capitalist and it was great. He really has an eye for seeing the bigger picture.

#45     Sep 27, 2012
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Can you give some examples of where he was wrong given that his outlook is usually years and often decades away?

#46     Sep 27, 2012
  7. Humpy

Humpy

What's his latest prediction ?

#47     Sep 27, 2012
  8. http://jimrogers-investments.blogspot.com/

#48     Sep 27, 2012
  9. Humpy

Humpy

something wrong with your url OT

#49     Sep 27, 2012
  10. ok, I'm not very computer savvy. You can google jimrodgers-investments/blog

he posts just a few words, maybe a paragraph usually every day or two

#50     Sep 27, 2012