Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Where and when was this seminar being held?

#31     Feb 8, 2011
  2. You´re a lucky guy. I visited him lately in Sinagpore in his private house and he wants 50k for a live performance in SG, 100k oustide SG.

GL+GT ;=)

ASusilovic

#32     Feb 8, 2011
  3. The average attendance fee for stuff like this is about 500 euro, at least that was the rate when Rogers and Faber came to Western Europe and talk.

I didnt whent though. I know their views from internet and if I want to ask them anything I can just email them.

One last reason I didnt go, places like that are full of suits with their heads in their asses. :)

#33     Feb 8, 2011
  4. He said because farms and farmland were relatively cheap in Africa and South America. Only thing he warned against was the red tape in Africa.

#34     Feb 9, 2011

5. Rogers moved out of the U.S. partially because he wanted his two daughters to speak Mandarin (and to transfer his assets out of the dollar), as he's stated on Bloomberg several times.

Although it's true that "English is not going away as the global language of choice", there is a reason why elementary schools in the U.S. are starting to teach Mandarin and the demand is growing.

http://www.usariseup.com/feature-stories/american-mandarin-learners-rise

http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...chool-to-introduce-Mandarin-immersion-program

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/woodstock/194.htm

#35     Feb 9, 2011
  6. If you want to do business in Asia (or in China) you better learn their native language because even when they say they speak fluent English...

It's hard to understand a single word of what they say.

#36     Feb 9, 2011
  7. The hardest languages in that order:

(1) Arabic
    (2) Mandarin
    (3) Russian

You cannot learn how to properly speak these languages unless you live in their country, except if you want to keep getting embarrassed constanly. Russian for example has 6 different cases where the ending of the the noun, adjective, pronoun, changes as opposed to English which has none - not talking about singular or plural here, that's another level of difficulty.

I have seen people trying hard to learn Russian, Arabic and Chinese and they give up after the first or second year and the worst of it they forget everything in a month's time.

Save your money.

#37     Feb 9, 2011
  8. Red tape in Africa & gang violence and corruption in South America.

#38     Feb 9, 2011
  9. CQNC

CQNC

Yep, any guy who started out from zero and ended up a billionaire, living in Singapore with more money than the USA has in it's bank account net, is someone I'm listening to.

Rogers has traders to handle that part, he just does the thinking.

#39     Feb 15, 2011
  10. Wow, this was really eye opening stuff.

I know this is a little off-topic, but did you get to shake his hand?

I would definitely email them and let them know that

#40     Feb 15, 2011