Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Some semi-harsh words for the man who called the commodities bull market in 2000.

His long-term advice is outstanding. Not by no means perfect, but that's an impossible expectation

#21     Feb 4, 2011
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Told me to buy cotton last year.

So i did :D

#22     Feb 4, 2011
  3. He was very bullish on sugar, not so much on copper though

#23     Feb 5, 2011
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Did he say anything about pork bellies? :D

#24     Feb 5, 2011
  5. I don't really understand the animosity for the man myself.
    I mean he started the Quantum Fund, for christ sakes.
    Just that fact means he has achieved more than 99% of the people critisizing him. Is it because he comes on CNBC sometimes? I don't watch CNBC myself, so I wouldn't know.
    Personally I find it interesting to hear anyone's opinion on the markets. What you do with it, and if you agree with it, is another thing. Most people think completely different than one another anyway.

#25     Feb 8, 2011
  6. Roark

Roark

It's because he's a whore. He needs the money. His fund is not self-sustaining. He needs new suckers. Soros without Rogers? Yes. Rogers without Soros? No. Soros carried Rogers.

#26     Feb 8, 2011
  7. Visaria

Visaria

Yeah, right...

He needs the money? He sold his house for $19 million a couple of years ago (right at the top, I believe).

Soros (in his biography) says Rogers did the work of 10 men, but you say Soros carried Rogers.

The Rogers Raw Materials Fund (or whatever it's called now) is up like crazy. 3-4x whatever it started on. What do you mean it is not "self sustaining"? WTF does that mean?

#27     Feb 8, 2011
  8. Chuck, some people are always going to loath what they will never be able to achieve on their own. It's been that way forever. It's sad.

#28     Feb 8, 2011
  9. EON Kid

EON Kid

TY for the post CK

why would he say farming in Africa or SA, why not anywhere?

#29     Feb 8, 2011
  10. Visaria

Visaria

Perhaps it's cheaper to set up there?

#30     Feb 8, 2011