Jim Rogers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Chuck Krug, Feb 2, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

downfall? or is english your 3rd language.
    envy never ceases on ET.

#11     Feb 2, 2011
  2. He has actually changed some of his views. He is now calling a top in the bond market, when before he was short equities and long bonds.

Now he is bearish bonds, neutral equities.

However, you are right he has been bullish commodities and bearish the USD for a long time.

I guess when you are in the billionaire club you are doing something right.

#12     Feb 2, 2011
  3. He doesn't need to change his overall thesis, just add some new insight here and there. Bill Gross writes a thought-provoking analysis every month.

#13     Feb 2, 2011
  4. I typed fast.
    Searched your posts . . . no room for throwing stones there bud.
    The post above wouldn't get you advanced past the 3rd grade.
    I actually have a great deal of respect of Mr. Rogers.
    We have many friends in common.

#14     Feb 2, 2011
  5. olias

olias

lol...touche'

#15     Feb 2, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

are excuses your forte? my remark rang true. that is why you retorted with a schoolyard reply.

#16     Feb 2, 2011
  7. He literally said: if everyone on the street starts talking how much money they made in commidities, then is the time to sell.

Reminds of new years eve 1999 when my waiter overheard me talking stocks and he said he made a boatload in internet stocks.

#17     Feb 4, 2011
  8. Roark

Roark

What's in it for Jim Rogers to give free seminars? Does he run a non-profit educational program for traders as his way of giving back to the community? Why doesn't Buffett, Soros, or SAC have free seminars?

#18     Feb 4, 2011
  9. AK100

AK100

He's wrong about learning Mandarin. Maybe if you live/work in China otherwise it's pretty pointless.

English is not going away as the global language of choice. Now, it's hard to be anyone of importance (politician, sports, business etc) without getting by in English. See for example how 90% of the Euro politicians and big business people all speak English well. The Spanish for example have really improved over the last 5-10 years. But the Italians and French are seriously lagging but that's their problem, they'll realise their mistakes soon enough.

Plus, the Chinese (as are all Asians) are massive one-upmanship merchants and snobs so speaking English puts you ahead of other natives who don't.

Remember, you don't have to be perfect, that's hard, just enough to be understood and understand.

#19     Feb 4, 2011
  10. I don't know if it was a free seminar.
    Mr. tmarket asked me how much I had to pay for it and I replied $0, and the reason that I didn't have to pay anything was: because I was invited.

#20     Feb 4, 2011