Jim Rogers throws his support behind Ron Paul!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Aug 28, 2011.

1. member

How would you create jobs?

#31     Aug 31, 2011
  2. member

How would you create jobs?

#32     Aug 31, 2011
  3. first i'd start by, not rolling back legislation on financial institutions enacted after the great depression to prevent a further one, but levying a thousand pages of new rules... i mean they might have to hire people to figure out what the rules are at least and i'm sure this would in no way negatively effect their current situation.

second i'd take over healthcare, i mean the best way to add jobs is to make them public sector jobs so that you can hire 4 people to do what 1 person could do in the private sector. if natural employment is 95%, if we made all jobs public sector we could get all the way up to 380% employment!

third i'd add more new environmental requirements, so that before a company wanted to do any project it'd have to hire a bunch of people to figure out if it was possible. for every 10 projects that isn't allowed we'd still get a bunch of people hired just to apply and get denied, and we could hire more people to be the deniers- hell that's got to create a couple million jobs again.

fourth i'd outlaw firing workers or moving to different areas to become more cost effective and efficient. obviously our goal in promoting employment is to get the least efficient workforce so that more people can have jobs. if someone tried to move a factory to make it more efficient i'd just nationalize it and then since they'd be public sector jobs there'd be a hiring frenzy again so that we could bring our efficiency down.

i mean i don't really understand how the unemployment rate hasn't dropped by 2% rather than increasing 2% since obama took office- he's got all the perfect plans in place already.

i'm stumped

#33     Aug 31, 2011
  4. member

corporations – financial institutions primary goal is not hiring but cutting costs to infinity
    ..small businesses creating jobs makes sense but those salaries will only feed you until you work there and you are done “ after getting fired , since there is no job security at small businesses neither healthcare during and after.. and those wages are aligned to be
    minimal to the necessary…
    environmental requirements = government regulation : to keep the “zoo habitants” from going really wild ..
    outlawing firing workers = government regulation again sounds a lot like Germany:
    they don’t fire workers there instead cut hours in hard economic times workers are much more loyal , they have job security and their products kick ass
    therefore they perform better on the long run….it works
    “in a zoo you need fences”

#34     Aug 31, 2011
  5. :D

Don't be so naive. Such a thing does not exist.

#35     Aug 31, 2011
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

It does not make any difference what bernanke says anymore. The Fed will attempt to manage an orderly debasement of the dollar without triggering a currency crisis. He will resign or be replaced before the elections.

#36     Aug 31, 2011
  7. How about Rick Perry?

Rick Perry won the support of many when he said Bernanke should be put on trial for treason.

#37     Aug 31, 2011
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

Perry says a lot of things, and he probably has no intention of backing them up, joining many of his assclown associates in DC.

#38     Aug 31, 2011
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

In an environment where future tax hikes are likely and the administration is in love with regulations/unions, that's been true.

It certainly hasn't always been the case. What did employment look like in the 80s and 90s?

All you've demonstrated is your ignorance and willingness to be brainwashed.

#39     Aug 31, 2011
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

If Perry had been a Fed critic for the last 10 years, maybe his views would carry some weight. At this point, he appears to be playing the Ron Paul angle only where it can help him. Let's see if he'll mimic Paul on foreign policy (fat chance).

And the treason hyperbole just makes him sound even more suspect.

#40     Aug 31, 2011