Jim Rogers throws his support behind Ron Paul!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm sure Rogers knows this. I've heard other "gold bugs"/commodity bulls say the same thing re: Paul's policies and PMs. I'm also sure Rogers would rearrange his portfolio if there were a true sea change in our economic landscape. Remember, Jim has been at this since the early 70s (co-founder of the Quantum Fund) and has made money outside of commodities before.

#21     Aug 31, 2011
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Tack on the (In)Justice Dept and ATF, who haven't been such loose cannons since the mid-90s, and I'd say it's worse.

#22     Aug 31, 2011
  3. rew

rew

If Fed money printing is the only thing holding up the stock market then the damn thing should be allowed to die.

#23     Aug 31, 2011
  4. rew

rew

You are a clueless idiot who has swallowed the lie that a functioning economy requires unending inflation (and thus confiscation of savers' wealth). Krugman would be proud of you.

#24     Aug 31, 2011
  5. Money printing is a legitimate operation and a legit task of any central bank.

Do you think AAPL is held up because of money printing?

Maybe some financial stocks that have lost importance.

I suggest you start looking at the long side too. I think Tim888 is correct. There are some bears here who in the face of ever making a profit would like to see their country destroyed or run by lunatics who want to revive failed systems and shift wealth to a few gold holders around the world.

#25     Aug 31, 2011
  6. What is wrong with inflation? Actually a little inflation is a good thing. It is a mechanism for shifting wealth from lenders to borrowers. Only aristocracy hates a little inflation. You know the type of people that have elected EU officials.

Bernanke is doing a good job but not enough. He should pump more.

Now cry...

#26     Aug 31, 2011
  7. GS19

GS19

The best way to solve the mess is to never get into this situation in the
    first place. If you take in 10 billion than spend 9.5 billion and save the
    rest. If the economy drops for a year or so then you have money to cover the short fall. Thats how I run my business. We are doing fine.
    Spend less or take more in.

Dosn't sound to tough to me!

GS

:)

#27     Aug 31, 2011
  8. You said it yourself. Inflation is a wealth transfer mechanism. That's the problem with it. Do YOU set the interest rate targets and bank reserve ratios? No, you don't, so you're just like me playing this STUPID guessing game about what is the fed going to do, what will Greenspan/Bernanke slip into his statement next, what yield curve will be engineered next, etc. You sound like one of those useful idiots who's happy about being scammed.

Let the free market set interest rates instead of a central planning committee. Ron Paul is my champion.

#28     Aug 31, 2011
  9. seeing all of these posts where people recognize that ron paul is the only politician i've heard of who isn't corrupt as hell gives me at least a little hope. i've already sent him some money and plan on sending him more to each of his money bombs. here is an interesting link as well for all of you who are brainwashed by the media (and it's probably the only article ever posted by the huff post worth reading)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/ron-paul-can-win_b_939993.html

#29     Aug 31, 2011
  10. Please get that monkey out of the white house. It has been the worse president ever in my life.

#30     Aug 31, 2011