Jim Rogers tells CNBC to F* OFF

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Yup.

#21     Oct 22, 2008
  2. I think he missed a 0 at the back. :D

#22     Oct 22, 2008
  3. you are misquoting him

#23     Oct 22, 2008
  4. Just wait...

...The U.S. will join the march to a 'common currency' sooner than many of you would like to believe.

If Bush had his way, we'd already be forking over 'Ameros' for lunch.

#24     Oct 22, 2008
  5. hughb

hughb

WTF???? I never watch CNBC, but now I see why so many people complain about it. I had to turn that video off after 2 minutes. That was by far and away the worst interview I've ever seen by a "professional broadcaster". He knew damb good and well what Rogers meant by "bankrupt" and he's nitpicking at it like some doofus elementary school valedictorian who keeps getting beat up on the playground.

#25     Oct 22, 2008
  6. meanwhile Rogers kept you in EUR, gold and commods.

you're losing your shirts.

what good are these guys if they cant time the moves.

#26     Oct 22, 2008
  7. Years ago when Rogers was on CNBC, one day he said that he was short the q's.
    Well the q's were in a strong uptrend and kept going up, so I emailed him and asked if he was still short the q's.

He replied that he had covered his short.

So I emailed him back and said that next time maybe he might use a technical indicator before he did it again.

He said he'd think about it. :confused:

#27     Oct 22, 2008
  8. The trend
    is your friend
    until it bends

It's bending..

Only the dentists got long Euro at 160, Gold at 1000, etc...

#28     Oct 22, 2008
  9. Yapanese Yen & Swiss Franc did good this year and he has been touting those.

As far as commodities go, he has always stated: "I will not sell a single commodity until 2018 cause thats how long commodity bull markets lasted in the past."

If you don't have pockets deep enough to follow the man on that trade why bitch about it.

#29     Oct 22, 2008
  10. Are you a trained economist by profession? I was an economics student and haven't even heard the term production possibility frontier for years--I am assuming that is what you meant by PPF. Where do you get that information?

#30     Oct 22, 2008