Jim Rogers Supports Ron Paul for President - FT

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by achilles28, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Mike Bloomberg. The only option. There is a lot of talk he may run as an Independent.

#11     Oct 30, 2007
  2. How can you take his presidential pick seriously when he's selling all his assets in the US?

#12     Oct 30, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Shows he's SMART! Wouldn't you rather elect someone smart than one of the same old, same old liars and thieves?

#13     Oct 30, 2007
  4. Jimmy only supports Ronnie because he speaks fluent Cantonese.

#14     Oct 31, 2007
  5. Well, with Ron and Jim's votes, that makes 2 people voting for him in the general election :D

#15     Oct 31, 2007
  6. empee

empee

This is hypocrisy at its best:

US Bull market and he is long with you == hey its fantastic, all good to be admired.

He leaves the US to try and participate in the bull market somewhere else, he un-American or unpatriotic. Maybe because US markets are relatively speaking paltry in performance (ie you dont win as much).

---

You're long he's long == its all good, everyone happy.

You're long he's turns short because he thinks the market is turning == he's evil, and butthead, etc. etc.

---

How he chooses to invest shouldn't affect our view of his patriotism; are we to blame him for profiting from a falling dollar.. is it all Jimmy Roger's fault & his ilk that the US dollar is dropping? Its those evil speculators, right? Because the policies of our government and its people have nothing to do with it.

But of course, if he's long in a bull market you're long in hes to be admired as a skilled investor.

A speculator looks to profit from a move, long or short, when its popular, and when its not.

American hypocrisy at its finest.

#16     Oct 31, 2007
  7. The problem some people have with Rogers...
    Is that he is a Pure Darwinian...
    And believes that "stronger" people should EXPLOIT "weaker" people.

It's their "right".

Well...
    The guy couldn't even keep his money safe In America.

3rd World Counties... specialize in EXPLOITING foreigners.
    Wait till the Chinese are finished with him... they will carry him out in a pine box.

#17     Oct 31, 2007
  8. wow , I didn't know jimmy swung that way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18     Oct 31, 2007
  9. Because I would be doing the same. :D
    Funny how the MSN elitists portray RP as a nutcase and try to discredit him every chance they get, yet his platform sounds more sane than the majority of what goes on in US policy today. Romney seems alright but I know the Christian right won't have a Mormon in the whitehouse so hes out. Guliani will be a vote for war with Iran. Don't be fooled otherwise. Hillary will be a vote for allowing government to grab as much $ as they can out of your pocket. Voters are such idiots. I keep my political standards low when voting. All party politics goes out the window for me. I vote for the guy who is least likely to screw me over. That's the best you can hope for these days.

#19     Nov 1, 2007