Jim Rogers sold all emerging market positions, except China

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Jul 2, 2007.

1. zdreg

zdreg

he was short housing stocks.

thx for the list.

#11     Jul 5, 2007
  2. zdreg

zdreg

your posts are the laughing stocks of this board.
    your current post is one more example of shooting from the hip with absolutely not having done any research.

perhaps it is comments like mine & others that gives you kicks.

#12     Jul 5, 2007
  3. zdreg

zdreg

if he sold his house it would be all over the news. he could still be on the tv show via satellite.

http://www.amazon.com/Bull-China-In...80964319&sr=8-3

#13     Jul 5, 2007
  4. You called many overrated. IIRC you called Buffet, Biggs and now Rogers 'overrated'. Can you name one or two investors, money managers or speculators that you found inspiring?

#14     Jul 5, 2007
  5. All his lifes inspiration comes from Rosy and her 5 sisters.

#15     Jul 5, 2007
  6. mcheema

mcheema

no problem just remember that he has very long holding periods to avoid vig and taxes.
    So he is probably still long stuff like Komatsu, BHP, TOT from the late 90's
    but these are his themes for the next ten.

Also i forgot he was able to find some contraceptive manufacturers for his play on Asian women although i have not been able to figure out any plays on this myself.

Could always buy the company that owns Trojan

http://image.minyanville.com/articles/Trojan-Advertisements-Fox-CBS-Hallmark/index/a/13153
    the above is a funny take on Trojan by Justin Rohrlich at minyanville

#16     Jul 5, 2007
  7. WTF?

#17     Jul 5, 2007
  8. mcheema

mcheema

The basic concept is that because of the one child policy in china and the ability to screen child sex thru ultrasounds the ratio of boys to girls is very skewed in china and also the rest of asia.
    More girls are put up for adoption than boys etc. etc. (Paul Merton documentary confirms this process)
    I think you can verify the stats by looking at the excellent online CIA handbook.

Second because of this women will be in demand and be able to dictate terms of when to marriage as well as when to have children yadeyadeyada

If you want an excellent example of this and you have access to british programming check out the unwittingly insightful and funny Paul Merton
    china documentary. It confirms those attitudes.
    I can cite many other anecdotal confirmations of the changing attitudes to sex marriage and carreers in asian women.
    this will have tremendous knock on effects which should be investable according to rogers.

#18     Jul 5, 2007
  9. Read his book. For your own sake.

#19     Jul 5, 2007
  10. An alternative to EEM shorts or puts is DXESX (Direxion emerging markets bear 2x inverse).

Returned 75% during the May9th-June 13th emerging market correction last year.

#20     Jul 5, 2007