Jim Rogers short Goldman Sachs? Currency problems will take it out...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by retaildaytrader, Jun 2, 2010.

1. WinSum

WinSum

It's not Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs is too big to fail. It has access to unlimited funds through the Fed discount window. The US govt has more money than Jim Rogers to remind him that the market can remain irrational longer than he can remain solvent.

Jim Roger knows better than to take on the US govt.

Let them short as much as they want on Goldman Sachs and when they are fully loaded, we will declare banning on shorts on Goldman Sachs effectively immediately at 2:45pm on Friday afternoon. Blow up his account with margin calls.

#11     Jun 2, 2010
  2. Retief

Retief

He moved to Singapore, not China. You're right, he's more than a bow tie. He's a dick with a bow tie.

#12     Jun 2, 2010
  3. Illum

Illum

Does GS really have that much exposure? It would be a big commercial, like jpm or c. I dunno, none of them mark to reality anyway, no sunlight here pal. You'll never know it.

#13     Jun 2, 2010
  4. #14     Jun 2, 2010
  5. I wonder if it might be a German bank since they did enact short interest restrictions. Not really western but could mean western to someone in the China.

#15     Jun 2, 2010
  6. No one knows exactly the context in which Jim Rogers is short. He could be short a 10,000 dollars worth in an Interactive Brokers account.

I dont think his money is made by trading nowadays. He makes money through his books, advisory services and speaking engagements. I can imagine from his books alone he makes a few million a year much like Obama made a few million on his book deals. Then the lecture circuit, almost daily news show appearances and the like probably make him millions more per year. A few million more are probably made through advisory services.

Therefore, Mr. Rogers absolutely needs to be right. If he is wrong, then no one will buy his books, pay for his speeches or hire him as an adviser. Unlike traders who blow wads of cash daily, Mr. Rogers cannot afford to be wrong and so I would take what he has to say seriously.

#16     Jun 3, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

It doesn't say Goldman any where in there. Probably Bank of America. I don't think any one could figure their books out.

I think Buffett would know if something were wrong with Goldman.

#17     Jun 3, 2010