jim rogers sells house and moves to asia

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ROFLMAO! :D

#51     Mar 25, 2006
  2. TGM

TGM

#52     Mar 25, 2006
  3. TGM

TGM

OK. Funniest ET post ever!

:-D

#53     Mar 25, 2006
  4. bitrend

bitrend

Thats sad. Jim Rogers is far away from us. At least we still have Jim Rockford with us.:)

#54     Mar 25, 2006
  5. Cesko

Cesko

OUCH BUDDY !!! Isn't this the beginning of what Reese Mogg and Davidson predicted a few years ago ?

I think it's just a stage before the final outcome for them. Often things get worse before it can get better.
    Regarding feminization, it's doomed in the long run.It happened before and failed.(FOREIGN POLICY MAGAZINE- Return to Patriarchy)

#55     Mar 25, 2006
  6. This is getting off topic, but having a new son, I have been thinking about this.

Matriarchal civilizations are fine, so long as there is stability. They are peace loving, yada yada yada, and everyone gets along. Probably much more pleasant to live in, etc...

Until some renegade males notice that these peaceniks forgot to arm themselves (or do not have the will to fight), swoops in, and takes over with nary but a few shots fired. Hasn't happened recently, but lots of precedent in the ancient world, which is why matriarchy died out after the early BC period when population density got large enough for people to start competing over resources.

My view of the future USA (30-50 yrs) is less dramatic - I think we settle into a permanent eurosclerosis where there is very little movement in social or economic class. The elites will still be educated at the ivies, where the pedigree will insure a prosperous job, etc... the children of the masses will not be able to afford the ivies, nor will there be any great societal desire to uplift those deserving members of the lower classes into the middle and upper class. A reverse brain drain will happen where the young, brilliant, but poor who are unwilling to settle for reduced expectations go to asia or latin america to the developing countries there to try there hand at making it big. Some will succeed, many will fail.

There is no question that there is an increasing feminization of our society - with the women becoming more masculine and the men becoming more feminized. How do I prepare my children? Do I tell my daughter,"Well, its a women's world you know" and emphasize to my son that he would be better served by glomming onto some rich woman than spending many hard years in college and graduate school? Are we training our sons to be irresponsible peacocks and our daughters to be the bearers of our civilization?

I know it is slightly tongue in cheek, but if you had two young children, would you say for sure that I am wrong?

BTW, IMHO having not read the book, but from what I know of it, rees mogg read neuromancer and snow crash and took them a bit too literally. Not that I don't plan for similar occurrences...

#56     Mar 25, 2006
  7. Cesko

Cesko

I like this politically correct crap. Women are peace loving creatures etc. Read history. This is from HISTORY OF WARS. During War for Independence,for example, if as a young guy you somehow managed to avoid the draft women would bitch and nag you out of your village practically.
    In my country before WW2 there was a huge German minority (Sudete Deutschland). In the words of old timer, major portion of political support for Hitler at these regions were females.They were all for Hitler, he added, until the bombs started falling on their heads.
    In Indian tribes before white men came, you had no chance to get a wife unless you proved yourself in a combat.(HISTORY OF WARS)
    There are reasons why women are the way they are. They conform to authority much easier than men. It's my opinion they actually get turned on sexually by power (any means of power, be it money, politics etc.)
    Second, simply they don't have to do the dirty work (combat). Even being soooo discriminated.

P.S. It's a fact that bloody bull fights in Spain are enjoyed primerily by women

#57     Mar 25, 2006
  8. That thought crossed my mind, but I dismissed it.

There's more Asian tang in NYC than Rogers and 10,000 more like him would be able to handle.

Then again, maybe its not the same once it leaves the homeland.

#58     Mar 26, 2006
  9. This thread has another potential sister-thread:
    "George Bush sells the White House and moves to Iraq"

What then ?

#59     Mar 26, 2006
  10. The WH is not his to sell, it's only a rental 'till '08....

#60     Mar 27, 2006