jim rogers sells house and moves to asia

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 24, 2006.

1. I have it on the skinny he is moving to Singpapore. He visited about a year ago and ladled on how he liked the island state and wanted to move to Asia. I brushed it off at the time as simply playing to the audience, but later indications suggested he was quite serious.

All this was well before Refco rolled over. Jim's the real deal.

#41     Mar 24, 2006
  2. Rogers is getting sued. He may not be in trouble under the law but he is still getting sued for major losses.

The extradition mention was a joke which I mentioned in my second post but some of you have seem to run with it and actually did some research lol...

#42     Mar 24, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

i

if he put 25 per cent down figure his real rate of return.::)

#43     Mar 24, 2006
  4. TGM

TGM

Well that is news. Singapore is the Switzerland of Asia. Interesting. I thought he was moving to Shanghai or something. I know he was looking for real estate in Shanghai. I will have to watch his website. I bet he goes fox news live from Singapore!

#44     Mar 24, 2006
  5. While in Singapore he specifically said he was looking at Shanghai and Singapore, but obviously played to the local crowd. My bet is that he will come to Singers given quality of life issues ... you know, those precious intangibles like clean air and water ... Kind of hard to go without them, or ask your toddler daughter to no matter how enamored of China you may be or how many war zones you've biked through.

#45     Mar 25, 2006
  6. These numbers are basically garbage because each government compiles them anyway they like. For example, Japan debt includes incurred liabilities for retirees whereas the US does not. Last I recall, that adjustment alone puts the US well over 100%, though not (yet) as high as Japan. Moreover, unlike for other countries, ours is growing "out of control" iin Greenspin's own words.

So who is calling whom an idiot?

#46     Mar 25, 2006
  7. ===============
    Helpful points Pabst;
    but some people like big governments, even if they have a history of oppression/theft even from thier citizens.With a big gov, one doesnt have to take much personal responsibility.

And while both Chinese & USA governments have taken/stolen property;
    in USA, it makes the news, many states have passed laws now to stop that theft.
    With other governments it never makes the news, or stops.

Dont know but speculate Jim Rogers would rather live near China, in Singapore, than in China.
    Thats just speculation on my part, not a prediction,
    based on accurate statements of Rogers ,
    concerning probabilities of Asian governments taking property/passing laws to ''take'' private property unjustly.
    :cool:

#47     Mar 25, 2006
  8. TGM

TGM

Like me ---Jimmy Rogers sees internal conflict likely in China. He also sees internal conflict likely in the US (I do as well). However, you could break up the US into a handful of countries and have a war in one part of the country all the while we are still trading. The US is a big country. Hell, we have a civil war going on ---every day practically in some urban areas.

In America, the boys in charge have done something a little more brilliant than the rest. They created a POLICE state without many folks (even the police) realizing it. I just saw an old child friend I went to church with as a boy. He was driving around in a Police Cruiser with an M-16 (or is it an AR-15) sitting right next to him in the car. He is basically a trained soldier!

Lets see how smart the ET kids are today. If we need to militarize the police for a variety differant reasons (namely the fact that multicultural/multiracial countries are increasing unstable). However, we have a strict civil liberties criteria forbidding a police state. What do we do?

Well why would we need a MILITARY?

We only need a military to fight a WAR? Correct?

What War was created in the 80's? It subsequently started the militarization of the US police force?

THE WAR ON DRUGS

Whether you despise the Ruling Class of the US or not ---they are smart. I wonder how many 'smart' traders realize the above? One of the reasons the Ruling Class pushes to feminizes everything is because they know damn well that Mothers Against Drunk Drivers will be passing all the laws to protect children!!

"Oh we dont want little Johny to get crack cocaine!!! OH OH OH ---yes give those swat teams tanks and give every Police man a Machine Gun to protect my children!! OH yes protect me govt!!!"

Sally Suburbia is a Sucker!

But aren't we all?

Pabst,

I just saw your post. Yes, the rich are fallible ---BIG TIME. I mean NYC is (where Jimmy is now) the most militarized police force in the history of the world. I was walking into Nymex a while back and it was like Delta Force was on patrol!!! However, Singapore is the Switzerland of Asia and nobody bombs the money! All the Asian Generals, Criminals etc from all the Asian countries have bank accounts in Singapore! He can visit China and in the next bust ---buy property etc. The US is simply the best of the Worse. But we have big ethnic conflicts brewing. It will get out of control. The US govt is starting to act more like a Federal Tito to keep this thing together.

#48     Mar 25, 2006
  9. taodr

taodr

#49     Mar 25, 2006
  10. Why does it have to be so complicated? Could it be simply that he craves Asian pussy?

#50     Mar 25, 2006