Jim Rogers says all you 29 yo Wall Streeters driving Lamborghinis -

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by W4rl0ck, Oct 10, 2008.

1. wheres that stupid bowtie?

Its really annoying that every time he is on there she asks about short term trading ie what is going to happen tomorrow, and EVERY single time he replies by saying he doesn't know. STOP ASKING

#21     Oct 10, 2008
  2. omniscient

omniscient Guest

yeah, I think i've seen some of her threads on ET before. "Where will the Dow Close Next Week?" and so on.

cracked me up ... she was nearing the point of screaming, "Damnit, Jim, can't you just agree with something, anything I say?"

good times :)

#22     Oct 10, 2008
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Is it me, or is youtube unbelievably slow lately?

#23     Oct 11, 2008
  4. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

He also wears a bowtie like nobody else..

Eddie

#24     Oct 11, 2008
  5. daybyday

daybyday

I think Betty Liu is HOT... brains and beauty. Yum yum.
    :cool:

#25     Oct 11, 2008
  6. He must be feeling hot under the collar from being short the dollar.

#26     Oct 11, 2008
  7. mcheema

mcheema

I've talked about the great calls jim has made that i have witnessed in real time since 1994 in other threads.

I just want to say in these difficult times that when i first went to work in wall street in 1991 i was lucky to be attracted to the writings of Jim Grant and the TV appearances from Jim Rogers. THye proved an antedote to what i was learning from those around me.
    They along with the Todd Harrison and the team at minyanville are the reason that I was prepared for what has happened these past two years and during the 2000-2002 bear and LTCM crisis and the 1994 declines.

I cannot thank them enough.

#27     Oct 11, 2008
  8. He said: "Rockman lovers driving Lamborghinis", oh no that was Vanilla Ice.

Anyhow the bailout is underway, so many of them are on their way to Rolls-Royces.

#28     Oct 11, 2008
  9. IluvVol

IluvVol

brains? Like the average American? ;-)

#29     Oct 11, 2008

10. Oh Really? The same Jim that said that the USD was on the verge of inevitable collapse? Yeah, super genious!

Aside from that his "great call" was predicting that gold/commodities would rise from 2000 onward. Wow! That was such a tough call, the DOW was at 40 P/E and the DOW/GOLD ratio showed that gold was a bargain. Really took a visionary to see that one coming.

#30     Oct 11, 2008