Jim Rogers on Bloomberg 11am ET

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by BoyBrutus, Mar 29, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

did he recommend chinese stocks in general? or specific sectors/stocks?

#11     Apr 2, 2006
  2. anyone record this interview?

#12     Apr 3, 2006
  3. toryj

toryj

I think he was just recommending them in general. He mentioned that there was a recent bubble in their stock market, that it burst, and now is the time to be buying.

When he visited China for the first time he bought shares in some company (a bank, I think) and I am pretty sure he said that he bought more recently. I know that's vague and not terribly helpful, but that's all that I can remember.

#13     Apr 3, 2006
  4. I've seen a few interviews in journals with him, he has mentioned Shanghai, Singapore, and HK as being possibilities but a couple times has hinted at sing..

"JR: We spent several weeks this summer in Shanghai and Singapore just seeing how we felt. I think it is more likely we would move to Singapore, at least at first, because Singapore is easier to move to than Shanghai. We have more or less decided to move to Singapore, it’s just a question of winding down in the US and gearing up in Singapore."

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/5067/jimrogers-2511.html

#14     Apr 4, 2006
  5. toryj

toryj

That article was excellent, thanks for sharing.

#15     Apr 5, 2006
  6. roncer

roncer

A few months back his Commodity Index Fund was the number 1 index fund in the world. I am not sure where it is currently.

I tried to invest in it but the brokerages that offered it took such a big bite around 6% in fees as I recall.

To me he exagerates some but is likely correct on his big picture perspective.

#16     Apr 5, 2006
  7. fhl

fhl

He is provocative all right. As to his trading ability, how does one really know what it is. He was the analyst at the Soros fund. Soros did the trading. As to the commodity fund he runs, I was under the impression that it was an index fund. So, how good of a trader do we really know he is?

#17     Apr 5, 2006
  8. roncer

roncer

He himself says he is a terrible trader. But his long term perspective is something else.

#18     Apr 5, 2006
  9. JTrader7

JTrader7

10. roncer

roncer

Thanks for site....... JTrader7.

#20     Apr 5, 2006