Jim Rogers on Bernanke: "He is a total fool"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Nov 18, 2007.

1. WTF are you talking about? Standard of living direction is DOWN and will stay that way. That's a key result point of globalization, force the masses to compete vs each other rather than have national sovereignty protect its own people.

Technology will always be favored & pushed, that's a key characteristic (and positive) of capitalism.

70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck with no savings, only debt. 20% or possibly more are below the poverty line. It's only a matter of time before Free Trade Zone manufacturing facilities are established as "economic savers". After that, it won't matter whether you live in Central America or USA.

#31     Nov 18, 2007

2. And where do you think the growth in US business was financed from? It certainly wasn't those communist regimes that you mention. The fact is that the communist regimes provided no benefit whatsoever. As they tried to influence more countries into communism, they actually hurt economic growth worldwide.

With fewer and fewer barriers, that means more consumption. More consumption means more growth for all trading partners and higher standards of living for all and more opportunities for starting businesses.

I think people are confusing growth and competition. More competition doesn't mean declining standard of living and stagnant growth if there is an increase in the number of consumers.

#32     Nov 18, 2007
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Simple. Gold and silver.

#33     Nov 18, 2007
  4. Rogers is one of the best speculators of this decade. His calls and records speak volumes.

#34     Nov 18, 2007
  5. Your system will often find itself at odds with a long term trendfollower such as Rogers because your timeframe is completely different. Rogers holds for YEARS and not 2 weeks.

You may hit a small counter ripple long against his dollar short on "neogann" retracement trade->trend drift, or whatever you call it. You can both be "right" and have made money upon closing position. You see, there really is no right or wrong in the marketplace. No point to agree or disagree. All that matters is that when trades are closed out, they are closed for a profit or loss. End of story.

ps I respect what you do, but seems you are like the mosher who critiques a ballet dancer.

#35     Nov 18, 2007

6. yes, no issue with your thoughts.

i disagree with rogers calling bernanke a fool and his ideas on the $$--- nothing more, nothing less.

surf

#36     Nov 18, 2007
  7. candymr2

candymr2

Dollar goes down ---> Exports increase.
    Foreigners buy dollars to pay for product ---> Dollar increases in value.

Besides, if the US market does collapse with the dollar, we are taking the world with us.

#37     Nov 18, 2007
  8. and you, on the other hand, are most definitely an idiot. Degrees from Podunk State and Imbecile U. I find it amusing that after a career of failed speculation, you still believe your opinions are at all relevant.

#38     Nov 18, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

Agree completely, what I meant was that US entreprenuers had it relatively easy in terms of competeing in the global market place when their Eastern Bloc and Chinese counterparts were either non existent or so hamstrung by their countries lack of economic freedom and support. Even the Europeans had to deal with more regulation than the US entrepreur and this was a huge competative advantge that the US entreprenur enjoyed. Today that advantage has been significantly erroded for the US based entreprenuer and global competition is feirce in a way that it ceraitnly wasn't 20 years ago.

As I said I am a global bull for in part for the reasons you cited, however it doesn't follow that the US will fare well just because there is more global consumption. If we are not able to maintain a sufficiently high rate of growth in the US relative to the rest of the world while the standard of living gloabal will rise in the US it will fall.

#39     Nov 18, 2007
  10. have you ever heard of someone talking about an investment "especially a fund manager", who would not put his own money and his own neck out on? what the hell are these people talking about? China is all about "how cheap can we make things" and "economies of scale" while we americans are "how much can we get away with" and "how much are people willing to spend"(better put nickel and diming). We rob each other blind and spend more than we can afford. China has a 50% savings rate while we are still negative. Are we the only people that see a problem with this? it doesnt take a genius or an economist to see that the fundamentals dont add up. bernanke= your own personal jesus

What is more laughable is the thought that a pegged yuan is detrimental to our economy. Just wait, wait till their economy really kicks in to high gear. The world has yet to see growth like china, we certainly have never grown as fast as they are now. With the Reniminbi now let loose forget it, all of that business will not come here, thats for sure. I agree with Rogers. Bernanke is either hiding something or he is a real retard. p

#40     Nov 18, 2007