Jim Rogers, not so bright?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Daal, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You are thinking of the wrong book. The interview was indeed in 1995.

#11     Dec 12, 2006
  2. Daal

Daal

Check again. Jim had hair. The interview was in 95 and he was calling a recession and saying the stock market wasnt a good place to put money in

#12     Dec 12, 2006
  3. He's a bit of a nutcase, moved his family to China , teaching Chinese to "baby girl"

nonone can predict the future 10-20 years out , I think anyone who is making the kind of predictions he has made is gonna be right about 50% of the time, anything better than that should not fool anyone, it's luck

#13     Dec 12, 2006
  4. helopolis

helopolis

Daal,

Interesting title to this thread, instigation maybe ?

Explain to me how the interview was done in 1995 when the second half of the show was concerning the death of Hunter S. Thomson (died Feb. 2005) ?

Interesting guy, getting more "eccentric" by the month but he was right on the pop in commodities.

Some of his conclusions are a bit extreme, for example, USD. Possible but not likely at this point, given the fact that (generally) most central banks like to adjust their currency to favor exporters and gain positive current account balances. Witness Canada (my country and the US's largest trading partner) and Japan.

China is a definite rising player however there are tremendous structural problems there, i.e. FX, ownership/corruption issues, human rights issues--as it relates to potential Chinese ownership of Euro and North American acquisitions, let alone at some point there has to be a much larger reciprocal benefit for their trading partners in the West for the honeymoon to continue.

Cheers.

#14     Dec 12, 2006
  5. Quote from Daal: not so bright?

Check again. Jim had hair. The interview was in 95 and he was calling a recession and saying the stock market wasnt a good place to put money in

Please forgive me if this comes across as being rude. Whether or not Jim has hair is an invlaid point. How would that statement in anyway provide us with a date in history? Totally useless information!

What is valid is the copyrighted date of the book being promoted, which again is 2004. That only within the last several years he got married, did a three year world tour. That it became well known that his wife was having his first child, and that child was only twenty or twenty one months old at the time of the interview, this also occurred in the last few years, not back in 1995. Also the segment on the same show about Hunter S. Thompson who died, WHEN? By gosh and by golly, it was in February 2005. The date of the aired program is listed with the link to the clip, they do this for people who are able to read.

I had considered inserting various links to back these statements, decided it would be a waste of time. After this, I will refuse to have a battle of wits on this matter, with those who lack the ability to properly arm themselves for such.

Good Night!

Kelly

#15     Dec 12, 2006
  6. Exactly. The interview was in February of 2005. You could consider the copyright of the book, or the age of Jim's daughter (which alone would preclude the interview from having been in the 90's). Or, you could refer to the date on the interview...February of 2005.

OldTrader

#16     Dec 13, 2006
  7. Daal

Daal

Thats because your too stupid to realize my link was correct and you needed to fast foward to the minute I specified and not click on a different link on the right side

#17     Dec 13, 2006
  8. Daal,

My mistake, I offer no excuse. Please accept my apology, I'm sorry for the confusion and disagreement I caused.

Good Day and Good Trading!

Kelly

#18     Dec 13, 2006
  9. i am not sure what we are talking about here but i do know jim rogers has more money than god and rides around on antique motorcycles humping women 1/3 of his age. how he got to this place or what he is drivelling about is of little consequence imho

#19     Dec 13, 2006
  10. KevR1025

KevR1025

I have read his books, they are entertaining at least, and give some insight into how he thinks.

#20     Dec 13, 2006