Jim Rogers: "Inflation is 6-7% in the US"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Really? Where do you live?

#11     Oct 1, 2009
  2. i forgot to mention my property tax went up 6% this year also. i thought property values decreased last year. sombody forgot to tell our tax authority about it.

#12     Oct 1, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

Yes, for right now, the only place that I see massive inflation is the government (all levels) and spending.

#13     Oct 1, 2009
  4. the1

the1

My monthly expenses have dropped significantly. Rogers is dilusional.

#14     Oct 1, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

Shadow stats says, US has been in stagflation since 1990

[​IMG]

The computer and the internet(and the bandwidth boom) didnt increase real output according to him

#15     Oct 1, 2009

6. Or the derivative shysters and other financial scum of the earth. Vengence!:mad:

#16     Oct 1, 2009
  7. zdreg

zdreg

he makes a living of price changes globally and in the US.

is your conclusion that only someone who lives in the US should talk about prices in the US?

#17     Oct 2, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you just want to be a member of that club. think right and you may be one day.

#18     Oct 2, 2009
  9. Residential roofing prices are about twice as high as in 2005, my labor cost are about 25 to 30% higher and material cost are close to double and my percentage of profit is the same but the actual dollar amount of profits has doubled.

#19     Oct 2, 2009
  10. jem

jem

food prices have gone up dramatically in the 10 years I have been married - before that I ate burritos... which have also gone up abo 60% to 100 % during that time.

I think the thing not examined is that quality of non technology goods as gone down.... significantly.

Whether it is wall mart crap or our food.

Our vegetables and fruit could not be shitter. Our O.J. is not disgusting.
    Tomatoes are useless reddish things. I do not even think the steaks taste as good. Unless you get the hormone free ones.

Technology is better and cheaper - wal mart stuff s cheaper but I never bought paper thin shirts and crappier shoes before.

#20     Oct 2, 2009