Jim Rogers: "Inflation is 6-7% in the US"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Daal, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Daal

Daal

2. LOL no doubt. I don't know where he shops, but I have not noticed price increases in Ontario where I live. I love the "government lies about everything" crowd.

3. Daal

Daal

Funny how a rich guy living in Singapore wants to tell others how domestic prices in the US are behaving

4. If inflation was 7% over the last 10 years then GDP would have contracted 4-5% annualized over the last 10 years. Real GDP would be down a whopping 33% since 1999. Real GDP per capita would be down something like 45% over the same timeframe, assuming 1% population growth LOL

Obviously, Rogers is a complete nutcase.

5. no inflation? on top of a 20% increase in health insurance i got this bit of news yesterday:

Black Hills Power looks to increase rates by more than 25 percent
    By Kevin Woster | Thursday, October 01, 2009

6. He should be "caned". :cool:

7. Daal

Daal

If you were to listen to the average mises.org reader you would think no human progress has happened ever since Bretton Woods was signed

8. clacy

clacy

Exactly. These guys crack me up.

Do they really believe that if Ron Paul waived a wand and made the FED disappear, that magically, the world would be 10x better and the streets of America would be plated with gold? I guess we all would eat steak and lobster for breakfast and live to be 150 y/o if the damn FED would just quit stealing our money

:confused:

9. They just want the rich cocksuckers who own the banks next to them in the souplines.

Level the playfield.:)

10. sprstpd

sprstpd

All I know is my food and health care costs continue to rise. 6-7% sounds like an underestimate at this point.

#10     Oct 1, 2009