Jim Rogers: "I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have."

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 22, 2009.

1. "The Swiss Franc has a reputation for being better managed than other paper currencies. Jim Rogers likes it. Jim is not as fond of the Pound Sterling, which he says is, "finished." "I would urge you to sell any sterling you might have," Rogers told Bloomberg. "It's finished. I hate to say it, but I would not put any money in the U.K."

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/organic-contraction-at-bhp/2009/01/22/

2. Well, it seems we might work out an inverse head and shoulders ( 60 min chart ). But who knows ?

3. Nagelis

Nagelis

Jim Rogers has a big problem with timing, and he has admitted that several times..

Of course the pound was overvalued at 2.1000, at 1.9000 and 1.7000 last year.

But, would you sell cable at 1.3700 after all the smart money has sold already? Hardly good advice for short term traders.

We've had and heard all the bad news in the UK already. It's in the price already. The surprise will come when we hear the bad news from Europe... 0.9400 against the EUR. Let the last losers buy eur/gbp here and push it into sell territory. That works for me.

4. zdreg

zdreg

jim rogers doesn't give short term advice. since he recognized that he cannot successfully trade short term he came up with a solution to the
    problem.he just doesn't do it. problem is solved.

there is a life lesson in there for ET posters.

5. m22au

m22au

Jim Rogers' target for GBP/USD is below 1.05

6. moarla

moarla

uk is finished. it can put out god singers and bands, had a nice financial sector, but what else they have to make money???

7. Could you please provide us with the source?

8. :cool:

9. Nagelis

Nagelis

what currency should be bought then? at present levels?

everything is crap right now, apart from gold.

10. eagle

eagle

How come that the most prominent Wall Street legend is behaving like Jim Cramer and Stock_Trader by starting to give recommendation after recommendation...

#10     Jan 22, 2009