Jim Roger's HOUSE SELLS FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jan 14, 2008.

1. It has been well known for a long long time. In general housing in US is very cheap esp with weakening dollars.

I believe a lot of Asians and Europeans are buying houses in major cities in US such as LA, SF, NYC.

[edit] BTW housing in HK might go down soon.

#21     Jan 18, 2008
  2. Jim Rogers is quoted as living in Singapore in several news sources, and appears with a Singapore backdrop whenever he is interviewed these days on TV.

If he has a home in HK, be great to see a link.

At any rate, even Singapore costs more than Manhattan now, both in rent and price.

America is basically on sale at the moment wrt the rest of the world and is starting to represent value.

#22     Jan 18, 2008
  3. Jim Rogers Home

#23     Jan 18, 2008
  4. I don't even believe that he really trades the markets . . . atleast not since he took his partnership money from the Soros and the Quantum Fund back in the early 80's.

Next to Cramer, ( in my opinion ) he is one of the biggest self-promotors known in the financial markets. He constantly shows up on CNBC blabbing about his positions . . . Ever notice how he's never had a "loser"?

My guess is that he sold his place on the West Side cause he NEEDED the cash.

Period.

#24     Jan 18, 2008
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

He invests....

"Initial value of RICI® was set at July 31, 1998 to 1000. Since then up to December 2007 index grows up by more than 300% to values of 4000+. Being known as one of the most diversified commodities index, RICI® is known to have very large compound returns."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_International_Commodity_Index

#25     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Rogers designed the index.
    Doesn't say anything about being a money manager in that link.

Beeland Managment Company, LLC is the general partner and commodity pool operator of the Fund. Rogers is the majority owner of Beeland, but that doesn't mean that he is managing any funds there.

In fact, Beeland has stipulated to the press that Rogers IS NOT a participant in the Rogers International Raw Materials Fund, LP. Beeland has gone on to say that Rogers' claims that he has withdrawn his economic interest from the fund are "patently false and misleading."

And from last October:

"Beeland will continue to operate its commodity index. While
    Mr. Rogers remains its majority owner, he has not been actively involved with
    the operations of the Fund since RICI was created six years ago."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-28-2004/0002315803&EDATE

Hmmmmmm.

#26     Jan 18, 2008