Jim Roger's HOUSE SELLS FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Yes, where for pilgrimage purpose? :D

I've heard he bought another house in China as well. Any idea?

#11     Jan 15, 2008
  2. Probably Shanghai. It's probably the least "Chinese" choice for a Billionaire.

People are big on Chinese development and it's true it is helping many people become middle class. But very basic things we take for granted in the West are overlooked even in the most luxurious of locations in China.

The local Chinese, even the very wealthy ones, just aren't bothered by the smell of urine and feces like the "picky and difficult" Westerners who live in China.

#12     Jan 15, 2008
  3. #13     Jan 15, 2008
  4. But what's $15m to him? Can't he just keep the house and use it like a hotel? I'm sure he still visits NYC from time to time.

#14     Jan 15, 2008
  5. He doesnt want to own property that is valued in toilet paper.

The fact that his property has gone up that much just shows many dollars have been printed over the last thirty years.

The price increase reminded me this story in todays UK newspapers:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=508365&in_page_id=1770

#15     Jan 15, 2008
  6. #16     Jan 16, 2008
  7. I would imagine that if he wanted that information public he would have contacted the media and held a conference.
    As far as "how much", everything in Hong Kong that is nice is expensive. A record amount of US$6,635 a sq. ft was just paid for an approximate 5,000 sq. ft. condo on the Peak.

The Chinese economy is still strong but due for its own speed bump, which in my opinion, will come after the Olympics. Anyone vested in a majority of the Chinese funds have seen high triple digit growth for over 3 years.

#17     Jan 16, 2008
  8. Yes, housing in HK is much more expensive than that in NY, based on 1st hand experience.

#18     Jan 16, 2008
  9. Which part of NY are you talking about: the Upper West Side or Upper East Side?

#19     Jan 16, 2008

10. The average of the two

#20     Jan 16, 2008