Jim Rogers: Farmers will make more $ than bankers

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Jul 8, 2011.

1. water shortage. we are f*ked for sure.

Bingo....

Working on a muliti million dollar deal, in the hunderds to monetize the water rights in Texas and a few other states.

Funding Water Drilling Projects and moving to position investors to not only own their own "Muni Water Companies" but to privatize as much water rights as we can. Also, Looking to Export water from the coast to other areas.....via desalination plants that are being built on the cost of Texas.

Plenty of ways to make money in this Depression.

#21     Jul 8, 2011
  2. You need to travel and get out more and read less.

The last USDA report that came out a week ago was a blatant and obvious lie. The USDA is in bed with Big AG who are causing a majority of the food problems with their shit genetic grain. All of those acres that the USDA says is planted ISN'T . . . period. The only reason the USDA said that 92.5 million acres got planted was to drive the price of corn down so BIG AG, the largest buyer of corn could save some money. They did, it dropped 25% on a lie. The government talks about market manipulation and they are the biggest crooks out there.

Some of those corn acres they say were planted were planted but got washed away, some were reported as planted but because of the wet Spring never ACTUALLY got planted, some that was planted late will die due to late Summer droughts, some that was planted late will never mature. The report was suppose to be based on farmers ACTUAL reports but the reports weren't due until 3 days after the report came out. Never trust anything the USDA says, they are worse than any politician.

We were already short corn even if every acre that was suppose to be planted got planted. It didn't so there will be a shortage here based on our acreage alone.

Brazil and South America are both going gang busters for grain production you are correct but you forgot to mention that the majority of that grain is used for fuel not food. They are destroying the rain forrest daily to plant grain fuel. What a wonderful world we live in. I was there, I know.

#22     Jul 8, 2011
  3. I can't ague with too much of what you said. The USDA exists to drive consumption and conversion (energy) of foodstocks, on that I will agree. I have yet to see proof that they can game it based on reports. I know fund guys who have better monitoring, boots on the ground eyes in in the sky, then the USDA has regarding production so you really can't beat the largest participants to harvest or storage.

I do get out from time to time brother, no worries.

#23     Jul 8, 2011
  4. One of my neighbors is a "boots on the ground" analyst for one of those large funds. He was telling one of the local Ag groups when corn was at $6 that is wasn't going higher. He had it on good authority from the funds head analyst. A bunch of those guys called me the next day and I had them hold out for $7.50 and those that held out they got it and more.

We in the Ag trenches see how the USDA manipulates the market through reports all of the time. Some of us though have learned to beat the morons at their own game. Technology is a wonderful thing. It isn't hard to out maneuver the large participates. They have a hard time getting out of their own way. You just can't stand in front of them once they build up steam. They will mow you over.

#24     Jul 8, 2011
  5. Rogers is a good guy but he just talks his book (holdings). I would pay him little mind in this regard. Folks have been saying this stuff for many many years.

Sur

#25     Jul 8, 2011
  6. For Rogers farm land is a multi-year, multi-decade (?) investment. It makes perfect sense for the guy with ton of money to just buy and sit on it forever.

#26     Jul 8, 2011
  7. CRP ground has millions of acres enrolled that could be turned if needed. Also, a lot of ground that's overgrown and fallow for decades is now being cleared and can continue to be if needed.

Around me, brushlots and weed fields for decades are now fresh soybean and cornfields this year. I'm sure that's the case everywhere.

But the midwest floods have wiped out millions of acres production this year. Also, lots of historical deep loam ground is lost to urban sprawl forever. The upland gravel & clay does not replace deep loam yields per acre.

Foreign countries have their own production issues. Brazil's new farmland is historical rainforest. How much of that can be denuded before world weather patterns are affected?

Same amount of land, exponentially more people each year. Cost of production keeps rising. Major changes must be made and will be made thru the next few decades on a global basis. That is a sure thing. Farmers properly positioned are reaping the rewards already.

#27     Jul 8, 2011
  8. Does he work on a letter street out of a building with no name on it in D.C. full of former SS, FBI, NSA and CIA guys in their 40s? No, even if he was your best friend he would tell you he works as a lobbyist and was representing the Tootsie Roll Company on some corn syrup issues.

#28     Jul 8, 2011
  9. My daughter works in one of those buildings in the D.C. area. I'm familiar with them.

The neighbor works for a named fund. His job is to assess the farm assets via the air and on the ground for a 3 state region. Your son is probably brighter than he is and I don't even know if you have a son.

#29     Jul 8, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

rogers was making multi year investments long before he he was fabulously wealthy including his former home in new york which he bought for $107,000 at the bottom of the ny real estate crash in 1977. he sold it for 17 million a few years ago.

#30     Jul 8, 2011