Jim Rogers: Euro doomed but 'I bought some recently'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tmarket, Jun 17, 2010.

1. achilles28

achilles28

He's a good investor. Why the mad hate?

His calls usually turn out well. Sometimes early, sometimes late. Most often, right.

#11     Jul 15, 2010
  2. People think he doesnt trades. (Which he admits!)

People say he never admits being wrong. (He as often admitted being wrong)

People say those who listened to Rogers got wiped out. (Rogers states each interview people shouldnt listen to him!)

He has been saying the same thing for at least 10 years. (This is true.)

Personaly, I think he is the best.

You should download his biker books in audio issue...

Very funny..:p

#12     Jul 15, 2010
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Good post. I casually follow Jim. Often, calls will go his way immediately (late), or after a week or two (early). He was short US financial/housing, long gold, short euro after Greece, long euro at 1.20'ish. These are good calls. With decent risk control, he made a bundle. Just Lehman and the GSC's, he made a killing. A killing.

#13     Jul 15, 2010
  4. #14     Jul 18, 2010
  5. LOL his calls only get better imo

He should have his own show on CNBC - Sane Money.:D

#15     Jul 18, 2010
  6. piezoe

piezoe

One of the very few investment guru's I pay any attention too. He is a very, very smart guy, in my opinion, but more important is his comprehensive knowledge of the commodities markets. That was made clear to me when I read his book: "Hot Commodities."

#16     Jul 18, 2010
  7. #17     Jul 18, 2010
  8. David70

David70

Jim Rogers or JR! also said Dollar is doomed 1 week before this and he is buying dollars on CNN china. WTF, great way to promote himself, 2 channels 2 opposite trades!!!

#18     Jul 18, 2010
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Think about it. Both can be true. The dollar can be doomed, while at the very same time, now can be s good time to buy dollars. It is a matter of getting the timing right.

#19     Jul 20, 2010
  10. http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=jim+rogers+"not+a+market+timer

Most of his calls are market timing calls, yet he says he is not a trader...
    For example:

#20     Jul 20, 2010