Jim Rogers: Citigroup is a buy at $5

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Dec 27, 2007.

1. boost123

boost123

Mr Bogan.

I NEVER SAID HE WAS SHORT ON CITI.

JIM ROGERS HIMSELF SAID CITI IS GOING DOWN SOUTH LIKE THE TITANIC. i'm not sure he said he was short.

MY QUESTION TO YOU MR BOGAN IS THIS:- IF YOU WERE JIM AND SAID WHAT HE SAID ON THE FINANCIAL NEWS, WOULD YOU BUY PUTS OR BUY CALLS?? OR SELL PUTS OR SELL CALLS?

DO YOU THINK YOUR BRAIN CAN MANAGE A SENSIBLE REPLY TO THIS POST AND TO MY OTHER POSTS TO YOU without spewing out insults?

Rgrds
    Mr Muppet

#51     Dec 27, 2007
  2. boost123

boost123

You send me a PM please. i hope you dont mind speaking to muppets?

#52     Dec 27, 2007
  3. boost123

boost123

This is what Jim Rogers said on Citi:

" "Technically, it's bankrupt, with gigantic off-balance-sheet derivatives positions whose value it cannot possibly know""

The above statement by Jim Rogers could send the stock tumbling and he would be a buyer of cheap PUTS on the way down and buyer of calls on the way UP and he would make a killing would he not?:D

Rgrds
    Mr Muppet

#53     Dec 27, 2007
  4. bgp

bgp

i would like to know the ages of some poster's that want to buy CITI ? I'LL BET YOU'RE IN YOUR TEENS OR TWENTIES. not enough wisdom yet. :)

#54     Dec 27, 2007
  5. Shouldn't they be buying AAPL, RIMM and GOOG instead? C is an old man stock. :D

#55     Dec 27, 2007
  6. jd7419

jd7419

Muppet,

Read my posts. There's not many of them over the course of my 2 years plus on elitetrader. Most of my posts focus on trading, data feeds, etc (the real meat and potatoes of trading). I do indeed trade full time and actually pay my bills with my earnings. I don't on the other hand join this site and start a pissing contest over individual stocks. Good luck on your C trades. You are going to need it.

#56     Dec 27, 2007
  7. why not short the shares at the convertible price and buy the convertible paper to get a free look at the downside....

or short the leap puts at the convertible strike and buy the convertible paper....

so OK you're on the hook for the common dividend but you make it up on the convertible coupon....

and if they cut the common dividend you put the diff. in your pocket....

the risk is the whole system blows up and you aren't paid for your short common....

another risk is you have to have enough juice to cover the common short until you can convert the paper or sell out....

it's why I dont buy into companies that have a habit of issuing convt. pref. paper...

pisses me off....

#57     Dec 27, 2007
  8. boost123

boost123

What difference would this info make to your trading?:confused:

Happy and prosperous new year to you Sir!

Regards

The Muppet

#58     Dec 28, 2007
  9. boost123

boost123

Hi Sir.

I dont have to time going thru your 100+ posts to find your successful trades. Perhaps you can direct me to them?:)

Happy and prosperous new yr to you!

Rgrds
    The Muppet

#59     Dec 28, 2007
  10. boost123

boost123

#60     Dec 28, 2007