Jim Radid's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jim Radid, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Except that unless you specify your methodology, no one will have any way of knowing whether or not you're just making up your trades.

You're not the first person to open a journal with the idea of impressing the unwary with the results of fantasy trades. Why you people bother is beyond me, but only the truly clueless believe any of it.

#31     Jun 15, 2003
  2. Jesse says (if you believe magna that I'm JJ) that he has an audited track record of +669% (on a substantial $ account) for the period of 1996-2001. He was willing to make a substantial bet that this audit exists.

Jesse also knows where the Bright offices are, and can easily be in touch with Don Bright to mediate a bet as to whether the audit is real.

You don't make good call after good call, by being lucky. You want to make a bet that the audit exists with Bright as intermediary?

Like my motto says, money talks and BS walks...

#32     Jun 15, 2003
  3. Position: short 2 S&P 500 index futures @ 1002

I'm going to lower my stop loss to 1010, because the trade has gone in my favor, and I'm feeling better about my belief that the market has topped.

I'm going to raise my buy price to 971. And that's because I want my profit in cash, not on paper.

Now, turn those machines back on!

#33     Jun 15, 2003
  4. WOW. 669%. Holy toledo. I'm so impressed. Wow.

Wait a minute.

I made 1200% in 2 weeks on some yahoo options years ago. Oh well, I guess 669% is ok. Not that bad.

:cool:

#34     Jun 15, 2003
  5. when i grow up i want to be like jim radid :D

#35     Jun 15, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This whole thing is too much like watching Gollum talk to himself.

#36     Jun 15, 2003
  7. "I made 1200% in 2 weeks on some yahoo options years ago."

Was it on a 7 figure account?

Was it audited by a top accounting firm?

I didn't think so.

Furthermore, I said I made +669% over the ENTIRE period of 1996-2001 on a 7 figure account.

And from now on, I will only stay on topic in this journal. I pass the torch to Johnny Rotten. My job has been completed here. I'm through raising hell. I've succeeded, and I know when to quit.

#37     Jun 15, 2003
  8. deet

deet

Remind me again how you are teaching us all to make money? The SP is currently at 1004.5 and you are losing money. Will you be a bigger man than Babak and eat crow?

#38     Jun 16, 2003
  9. Biog

Biog

:D :p :D :p :D :p

#39     Jun 16, 2003
  10. Jim Radid's errr Jesse's err....

motto: IT"S NOT A LOSS until you close the position:D :D

or forced to liquidate:D :D

go get em JJ:p :p

#40     Jun 16, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.