Jim Radid's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jim Radid, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I reserve the right to publish on this journal updated buy and stop loss prices, before the next trading day of course.

At this point, I'm inclined to lower the stop loss price, as the trade has worked in my favor, and now 1020 is too high.

As for you, magna why are you calling me JJ? Is it because I asked Babak in another thread why he isn't continuing his journal?

#21     Jun 14, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

My, my we're getting a bit defensive here. I didn't say you were JJ, I said you sounded suspiciously like him, no big deal. And it had nothing to do with with your comment regarding Babak, simply your tone throughout this journal.

In response to your demand that I go away, don't touch anything, etc. (which was removed along with a few nasty comments), sorry but I will moderate this thread, and eliminate any such personal attacks.

#22     Jun 14, 2003
  3. Nice start Randid. If we follow on Monday this could turn out a real nice one.

Have you thought about adding a contract or two (or maybe a couple eminis) on the way down?

#23     Jun 14, 2003
  4. Jim, don't let anyone here run you out. Be brave... :D

#24     Jun 15, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Tell ya what, let's make a deal. You maintain a journal without all the unrelated side commentary, and I'll moderate. If you prefer to rant 'n rave, and not keep a journal, then don't.

#25     Jun 15, 2003
  6. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=269720#post269720

This is my bible.

If you don't like this thread, then put me on ignore, or even better, do not come here.

Now, back to trading the S&P 500 index. I am not willing to discuss YET why I'm making these trades. If I string together a few winners, then people will be interested in my methodology, and it can become a topic of discussion. For now, I have proven nothing, so let me try to string together a few winners first, and get some credibility. Then, people will be interested.

There is a method to the madness.

#26     Jun 15, 2003
  7. dbphoenix-- If you don't like that I'm not yet explaining my methodology, then don't come here. I haven't YET established credibility (it will come with successful trading), so there's no reason to post a methodology that few may be interested in.

alphonso-- I like my position as it stands now. 2 contracts in the S&P 500 index is more than enough for me (especially at $500 per point!)

For anyone who says "nothing will be learned here", I challenge YOU to start your own trading journal, and we'll see how well YOU do. What we're learning here is how to make money.

I made an error in calculations that no one corrected me on! I suppose no one is paying atttention yet. The S&P trades at $250 per point per contract. I am short 2 contracts, so it's $250 X 2 =$500 per point for me.

I am up +13.4 points so far, or +$6,700.

I can trade, but my math sucks. I'll be back tonight to update my buy and stop loss prices.

#27     Jun 15, 2003
  8. Because of this, my journal has lost some of its important entries, and with magna continuously removing important points, there's no sense in continuing.

After I make $20,000 on 3 trades, I'm quitting this journal, unless people stop magna from destroying this journal. Is this the job of a moderator? To destroy a journal through censorship?

#28     Jun 15, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

For those of you not familiar with Jim Radid (aka Jesse J.) I would like to clarify things. Not one post in this journal that was a discussion of a trade or a strategy or a methodology has been altered or removed. Not a single one. The only thing that has been deleted is Jim's rants 'n raves, personal attacks, etc. And they will continue to be removed. If Jim would like to use that as justification for shutting down the journal, then that's his choice.

#29     Jun 15, 2003
  10. whom:

made great bullish calls like--

1) the S&P would rise to 960

2) the Dow would rise above 9000

now has turned bearish , and has made another great call, this time in the form of a trade. His latest great call is to sell 2 SPX futures at 1002, a trade that's been wildly profitable so far.

That's a perfect record. This guy is a seriously good trader.

That's the type of guy you want to hassle, and run off this board.

You challenged JJ to create a journal, correct? If you hush, and be a good boy, the methodology for all these great calls may appear. Yes, in this journal.

Keep doing what your doing, and you guarantee the secret behind all of the successes won't.

#30     Jun 15, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.