Jim Radid's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jim Radid, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Take it easy... luck is not the same as proficiency... You may end up learning this the hard way...

#11     Jun 13, 2003
  2. Quah

Quah

Thought you said you were holding until 960 or 1020 stop? If so, you aren't up squat yet.

#12     Jun 13, 2003
  3. but mine is marked to market each evening.

So I have a +$13,400 paper profit. I would consider that more than squat.

#13     Jun 14, 2003
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

Other than to show how great a trader you are, is there really any purpose in this exercise?

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#14     Jun 14, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

So far our new member Jim Radid sounds suspiciously like a recently departed friend whose initials were JJ. Hopefully a purpose will be revealed as time goes on.

#15     Jun 14, 2003
  6. This thread is for ego reasons only. Nothing will be learned here. :mad:

#16     Jun 14, 2003
  7. How about: how to make money trading!

This is the journal section. I've started a journal.

So far, I've made a good trade, and 3-4 ET members post negative comments! Only AAA posted something positive.

O.k. I'll complete this trade. And if all I'm getting is flack, I won't post any more trades.

I've heard "you haven't made squat", even though I've obviously made money so far (on paper). I've heard I'm doing this "for ego", and I've heard that I'm not Jim Radid. Wow! This is what I get for posting an excellent, well timed S&P trade.

As I said, if these comments are indicative of the ET membership, I certainly will not continue this journal, after this trade is successfully completed.

Jim

#17     Jun 14, 2003
  8. can kiss my ass. Stay the fuck off this thread!

I'm trying to have a journal of S&P trading, and you can put me on ignore, or even better, not look at this thread if you cannot contribute.

Get out my puke bag, you wankers sure make me sick. So stay the fuck off this thread if you cannot add something of value.

Jim

#18     Jun 14, 2003
  9. Quah

Quah

I wasn't being negative at all. If we go to 1020 monday, your trade will be a loser. If we go to 960, it will be a winner. Otherwise, it isn't even complete yet - thus how can you can it be a good trade or a bad trade?

#19     Jun 14, 2003
  10. himself

himself

I don't know whether in the final talley you will learn nothing here, or if it "is for ego reasons only."

Even if those two statements were true that doesn't mean that the keeping and publishing of a journal might not be of benefit to the poster.

I cannot speak for you, but I know that if I look at the screen long enough I am just itching to do something. If keeping a journal forces the writer to articulate why he is doing something it might be very helpful to him. I'd draw back from doing a foolish trade if all I could write in it was "Doing this trade, 'cause $hit I got to do something."

#20     Jun 14, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.