Jim Radid's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jim Radid, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. My name is Jim. I'm going to start a journal, but I won't bore you with alot of blah blah. I could go on for pages with opinions, indicators, opinions, indicators, quotes etc. but what does that accomplish? Nothing!

So I won't.

What I will do is try to make money. So here goes: I'm a seller thursday morning of the SPX at 995 (1 lot), and another lot at 1000, and another lot at 1005. So, if it goes over 1,005, I will be short 3 lots.

I will buy these lots back at 960, and will take a stop loss of 1020.

Ready?? O.k. Turn those machines back on!

Jim

2. so it looks like I will be selling 2 SPX contracts at the opening price, which appears to be 1002-1004. I will sell another at 1005, if/when it gets there

Roll em...

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

What criteria are you using to decide whether to buy or sell, how many contracts, at what price, etc.?

4. that amounts to nothing.

I'm using 1 contract b/c it's easy to understand and follow. I'm staggering the prices b/c , obviously, I feel a top is around this area.

My reasons? Do you really want pages and pages of nonsense? Well, you're not getting it, and I'm following Johnny Rotten's rules of sticking to my guns.

Sex pistols and Ramones RULE!!

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, not looking for nonsense. But I'd be interested in why you're doing what you're doing. Johnny's been very specific about what he does and why, but then I don't know your reasons for starting the journal in the first place. If you're looking for comment, there's really nothing to comment on. If you're not looking for comment, 'nuff said.

6. on the opening.

Weeee!!!!

7. Jim,

Nice call. Wonder if you tried the same play last Friday?

8. I wish I did this last friday. Nah, not last friday. I'm big on catching the 2nd leg, whcih I think is today.

But let's not count our chickens too early.

Roll 'em!

9. Recap: sold 2 SPX @ 1002

final position: short 2 SPX @ 1002

For friday:

I will hold the 2 contracts until

it hits buy price of 960, or stop loss is 1020.

10. short 2 SPX @1002

friday's close: 988.6

profit 13.4 pts x 2 contracts ($500 per point per contract) = +$13400

Up +$13,400 in two days and 20 posts with me.

2,000+ posts got you how far with GG?

:D

#10     Jun 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.