Jim Cramers Top Stocks of the Year 2007

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jreynolds212, Dec 31, 2007.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

re: SVNT

Goldman had a big stake in SVNT and unloaded a fair amount prior to the Phase 3 results. Cramer suggested investors sell around the same time from what I heard. They missed out on BIG gains. It's just under $23 now. May have a ways to run yet in 2008 given big pharma needing new drugs. I'd posted about this stock a few times in 2007; it's a bread and butter trading stock for me for the past 9 years and I built a longer term position in addition to trading it.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1593287&highlight=svnt#post1593287

#11     Dec 31, 2007
  2. The ultimate pair trading:

Long SPY
    Short Cramer stock picks

Guaranteed profits, regardless of market conditions!!!

#12     Dec 31, 2007
  3. toc

toc

According to MSN these are the top undervalued penny stocks under $5 for the next year or long term speculation

CUR
    BRLC
    TEC
    ROY
    ABP

#13     Dec 31, 2007
  4. gaj

gaj

#14     Dec 31, 2007
  5. Yes..

His top picks were:
    aapl
    hal
    csco
    mo
    nyx
    gs

combined, with an equal investment into each, the return was just shy of 30%.

Not too shabby. Better than 90% of the posters here I'd bet.

#15     Jan 1, 2008
  6. gaj

gaj

you forgot his other 3 'top picks' which weren't quite so good; according to cramer's show, if you held them all and then sold off SVNT / bought BMRN (as cited above), you'd have finished 16%.

pretty good.

but then again...if you followed his advice, and SOLD AAPL the same day (as SVNT above, which he recommended), your gains wouldn't have been quite so good.

and if you followed his general strategy about buying more on the stocks which were declining (ie. LVLT, RAD) and sold those which rose (ie. SVNT, AAPL, etc.) your gains would have been about the s&p, if not worse.

not looking so good any more.

by the way - any idea how his action alerts portfolio did in '07? before '07, for the previous 5 years, it was right around the s&P (his +24%, s&P +22 i believe, but that's *before* including that you had to pay a subscription fee - which would wipe out any gains that % difference was).

#16     Jan 3, 2008
  7. timcar

timcar

Lets say CONGRATS to Jim Cramer for his stock picks for 2007.

GROWTH:

CSCO -.26 -1.0%
    APPL +113.24 +133.5
    NYX -9.43 -9.7

VALUE:

GS +15.70 +7.9
    HAL +6.86 +22.1
    MO +11.17 +17.3

These are point losers/gainers and corresponding % for 2007.NOTE this is calculated from Jan 1 to Dec. 31 b/c last year he devoted a show for each category therefore his picks were not made public all on Jan 1.

In reviewing these the only poor one was NYX down 9.5 points. So 5 out of 6 is not bad at all.

SPECULATION PICKS:

RAD -2.65 -48.7%
    LVTL -2.56 -45.7
    SVNT +11.76 +104.9

The first two selections were poor bad BOO BOO but the third choice did make up for the first two by rising 11 points. Again these are SPEC picks and what is the best line about SPEC "God I hope this thing goes higher". And as Jimbo reminds us a lot "Hope is not part of the equation".

So all in all it was a very good year for Cramer in 2007 !!!!

#17     Jan 7, 2008
  8. dsq

dsq

you forgot CROX,UNDER ARMOR and CELG...Which he was screaming at people to buy them up like crazy the day before they all reported earnings-very irresponsible...and those 3 stocks all got hammered 40-70% when those earnings were announced...some of his stuff is ok but his strategy changes with the wind...he s a day trader trying to pass himself off as an investor....

#18     Jan 7, 2008
  9. Slawrence

Slawrence

Jim Cramer is a fuckstick. go long RIG now.

#19     Jan 7, 2008
  10. Not a day went by that he didn't pitch NSTK as his "favorite small cap biotech". In nearly every lightning round he would tell the caller to sell "XYZ" biotech and get into NSTK or CELG.

NSTK-- down 70+% since he started pitching it.

#20     Jan 7, 2008