Jim Cramer's Mad Money "Speculative Fridays"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Do you have any chart examples to show points 2 and 3 above? Some of your other points are too subjective. With point 6, how do you filter out "gonzo" companies? Isn't that part of what makes them speculative picks?...usually you won't have a stock that's both a "mainstream-type company" and also speculative. Why bother filtering Cramer's Friday picks? Just study all of them...there aren't that many.

#11     Jun 28, 2007
  2. pdwst33

pdwst33

How can stock trader say "because you listen to Cramer" you're an idiot and lack intelligence? Regardless of whether you agree or follow the advice or calls of any market pundit...knowing what's being said in the marketplace and by who is how you stay in the game. I don't care for Cramer at all..but if i were to tune him out completely and say "Who cares what he says" I'd probably find myself shorting the stock that's up 6% on the open on "no news." Stock trader, if you're better than Cramer, you should be trading against him. You should be able to use all information, good/bad, biased/unbiased to your trading advantage. Oh that's right, I forgot, you have a system, the "I buy only good stocks" system.

#12     Jun 28, 2007
  3. My only 'buy good stocks that go up' system has done pretty well since I launched it a year ago, completely crushing Cramer and the market. On average my first set of picks are up over 40% since June 06, and this year looks to be another success.

Cramer sucks cause he recommends crappy stocks. Stuff that may rise 10 points in a week is he is luck but CRASH in the coming months.

I only watch the show maybe one or twice a month just to laugh at the idiotic callers.

#13     Jun 28, 2007
  4. The show is like this

Caller: BOOYAHHHHH CRAMER!!SKIIDADDY 1 I BOUGHT NYX AT THE 52 WEEK HIGH ..WHAT SHOULD I DO!!??????

Cramer: big booyahhh back at you. eh um eh uhhh i had the CEO on last week and he seemed like a nice guy. Mo back. I own on my street.com chartable trust fund.

#14     Jun 28, 2007
  5. " i had the CEO on last week and he seemed like a nice guy."

This brings up my point of Cramerspeak. Cramers perspective, there are only two types of CEO's, those who are proactive re pps and those who feel helpless. Now, what does he mean, when he says "seemed like a nice guy". Is he a proactive CEO or a type two?

Is he a nice guy who doesn't know shit? Define a nice guy on wall street or in business, the CEO has no detractors?

#15     Jun 28, 2007
  6. Im going to start posting to this thread tommorrow. I want to re-iterate the risk behind buying/holding Cramer stocks. Some will run while others will dump. Let the buyer beware. For example, SPAR. When it was in the 20s, Cramer was pumping it hard. It got to the 30s then dumped to the 20s...we dont hear Cramer talking about it anymore.

This thread is all about short-term trading Cramer's most speculative picks and not buying/bagholding. I can tell by the replies and views that this thread is about to jump...

#16     Jun 29, 2007
  7. Putz...how is that rimm short?

#17     Jun 29, 2007
  8. Pachoo

Pachoo

They go up because the public buys his picks. It is all speculative garbage that eventually goes back down.

#18     Jun 29, 2007
  9. Excellenet in what way? Pretty or profitable based ona a large sample size? Based on how many trades? Anything under 30 is statistically irrelevant.

#19     Jun 29, 2007
  10. Here is a research paper from our friends at Kellogg. This should help this thread a bit.

#20     Jun 29, 2007