JIM Cramer is posting on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Fangdog

Fangdog

I agree wholeheartedly it takes education, experience and awareness. It is how our mind-sight is condition as to whether we make wise or unwise decisions. Hey listen, the nature of any forum has its drawbacks in misunderstanding anyone's post and the posters intention. Basically, it gets down to sound-bites and matters of opinion. It isn't important to me whether someone agrees with my post or does not agree. It is my opinion and if it benefits someone...great. If someone else thinks its bullshit, that's fine too.

I like reading other peoples opinion whether I agree at the time or not agree. I have found later on some of what someone has posted gets me to see and change my thinking in a better way and I have benefited from it.

#51     Jan 26, 2008
  2. Another great post ... oh what was the original topic again ... oh yeah.

With all these great posts on trading, who needs him? :eek:

#52     Jan 26, 2008
  3. yep, that's as true in trading as it is in high-tech jetfighter dogfight, as it is in FOOSBALL :D

i think the greatness of a post is in proportion the narrowness of its application :)

#53     Jan 26, 2008
  4. I agree with you on that one. Plus his crazy rants make him look like a tool. However with all that being said he is a smart guy and knows the markets. I can not watch his show because it is a circus act and total bullshit .I would never buy or sell anything based on what he says. Bottom line is I would not listen to any of those so called gurus to make a buy or sell decision.
    At least Kramer can be a bull or a bear depending on the stock.
    Unlike Joe Battapaglia or Abby Joesph Cohen who always seem to be Bullish

#54     Jan 26, 2008
  5. Thats funny !!!!

#55     Jan 26, 2008
  6. PJT

PJT

#56     Jan 26, 2008
  7. Fangdog

Fangdog

You hit on the key. It is taking the subconscious level to the conscious level so the required action can be applied. What we have to be careful, is the evaluation part. There is a reason for the phrase "over analysis results in paralysis". Haven't you ever had a trade you just "knew" felt right only to talk yourself out of it and then regret having missed an excellent trade you just "knew" was going to be a money maker? Haven't you ever been in a trade you just knew you should exit, but talked yourself in to staying with the trade and ending-up with a greater loss or less profit?

I am sure as all of us, you have had this happen. It was the "thinking logic" which got us in trouble. It was logic we convinced ourselves was logical at the time.

#57     Jan 26, 2008
  8. Joab

Joab

If I did that I would be broke !

#58     Jan 26, 2008
  9. I want to come out and say that I am Jim Cramer.

#59     Jan 26, 2008
  10. Obviously, the best way is to find an edge through 'conscious analysis', then make it part of your "subconscious" . Not the other way around. That's why I hate the calls for "intuitive trading'.. implies you don't really know what's going on... but you're doing the right thing :)

#60     Jan 26, 2008