JIM Cramer is posting on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked, Jan 26, 2008.

1. there is a fine line between "arrogant prick", and scared little boy." Imagine the line of guys waiting to take shots at him. He has no way out. He rides this pony into the ground. The only good thing that can happen is, the market ralllies and rallies, and the regulators stay bought.

#41     Jan 26, 2008
  2. Elvis is here on Elite. His favorite market is pork bellies.

#42     Jan 26, 2008
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Unfortunately for your argument, he has been proven wrong many times. I would say it is a coin toss on what he says coming true. He is worth 100 mil because of his wife bailing him out. And besides, I am talking about how arrogant he is on his MadMoney show. He puts people down left and right like everyone else is a loser. He is just classless. Therefore, I feel he is the real loser.

#43     Jan 26, 2008
  4. ak15

ak15

Why post this information on this thread? It is totally unrelated.
    In essence I have to disagree with the OP.

There are hidden objects in the landscape. However, if a person is willing to put in the time and effort he will be able to see these objects in due course regardless of his attributes. Some will be able to see it sooner than others but nobody is excluded. The problem here is not too many have the drive, discipline and dedication to spend quality time looking at the so called landscape.

The other thing to remember is that the landscape keeps changing all the time in subtle ways. You have to recognize this change and train yourself to see these new elements as they take shape.

"Eye sight is what it is now.". There is much more to it than this simplistic statement. What you see is not what is actually taking place. A lot of behind the scenes stuff goes on which has a bearing on what takes place all camouflaged with smoke and mirrors.

My opinion why most traders fail and it is arguable is the inability to act swiftly and decisively when the situation warrants it. People are frozen into immobility and inaction. Those who can train themselves to recognize situations as they occur and immediately take the required action will enjoy success in this field.

#44     Jan 26, 2008
  5. It's SHOW TIME! Charismatic personalities make for great tv. It's a TV show and there's lots of money in doing a successful one. I suspect Cramer has a 'strong' personality to start with, but I'll bet he ramped it up a bit for the entertainment factor :D Nothing wrong with that, in fact, given the same content, i prefer the theatrics over the mundane every time :D

#45     Jan 26, 2008

6. I preferred Louis Rukyser to Jim Cramer

#46     Jan 26, 2008
  7. Now that's a great quote. Good post mga

#47     Jan 26, 2008
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Without context this is just meaningless drivel. Education and Experience is what teaches us that what we see is often not what we get. You suggest the we should throw out experience that informs what you call our mind sight and just rely on our eye sight, what we see. Might as well throw out education, experience etc everything that informs the mind sight while we are at it if all we need is to see what is now. I think you are throwing out the baby (education, experience, positive expectancy edges that positively inform mind sight) with the bath water (the bad habits or character flaws that sabotage and overwhelm the positive influences on the mind sight if any exist). Eye sight is just an input the mid sight will always be what informs what you do with that input. Without mindsight you prospects are no better than chance.

Those who thought that your statement above was profound should focus on their critical thinking.

#48     Jan 26, 2008
  9. Fangdog

Fangdog

Don't you really mean trade what you "feel" by what you see? It is the "thinking" part which gets traders in trouble. A perfect example would be a field goal-kicker. Also, it is the reason opposing coaches try and "ice" the kicker. If the field-goal kicker has to think about it he is more apt to miss it, however, if he relies on is intuitiveness (feel), he will make the field goal as he does most the time.

At that moment of placing the trade you feel to be the right trade, but get yourself talked out of it by the "thinking" part of your brain? Unless you can learn the intuitive "feel" part of trading, I doubt anyone will have much chance for success. Obviously, it takes both logic (thinking) and intuition (feel), however, most males are conditioned with the stronger thinking part of their brain (ego) and this is what is the hardest to overcome.

#49     Jan 26, 2008
  10. Isn't intuition simply logic applied at a subconscious level? Intuition can be pattern recognition at a level below conscious awareness. So, my question to you since you seem to hold intuitive trading in high esteem, why wouldn't it be better, or at least as effective, to 'out' these subconscious notions or feelings into the conscious awareness arena? That way we could evaluate them?

IOW, why is unconscious decision-making assumed better than the same information processed with conscious awareness?

#50     Jan 26, 2008