JIM Cramer is posting on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked, Jan 26, 2008.

1. i disagree.. sounded like a lot of vague generalization to me. For instance where is the evidence that once pointed out many cannot find those same hidden objects again in the landscape? First of all, explain WTF it even means in tgerms of charts/trading?

Theres often a little game in newspapers in the comics section.. find the hidden objects in the picture. Everyone I've ever seen do this puzzle can find most of the hidden objects. Once pointed out is he saying the MAJORITY cannot re-find these same objects at a later time?? And this is primary reason MOST cannot trade? LOL you must be kidding :D Where's the proof for this?

This is one of those vague explanations where the reader's mind fills in the blanks and sees what HE wants to see . Oh the irony :D

#21     Jan 26, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

we would disagree on alot things amigo...hence the reason the world turns...:p

#22     Jan 26, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

Jim's an OK guy he had some success and he's working it.

The only people that are upset with him are the people that were stupid enough to actually listen to a stock tip.

#23     Jan 26, 2008
  4. your post proves the point. You read his words yet you totally missed it even though your eyes read the same words as everyone else.

#24     Jan 26, 2008
  5. MY post proves the point? Where is the proof that YOUR post doesn't prove MY point? It's so vague you read into it whatever you wish. The only thing it says is that most people allegedly cannot get past some vague prior conditioning to trade successfully. This could be claimed about any endeavor. What conditioning, and whereb is proof that MOST cannot get overcome it?

BTW, EVERYONE is prior conditioned.

#25     Jan 26, 2008

6. i'm with you on this one. This previous 'best post on ET' is just a bit of self infatuated pontification on the obvious fact people have different points of view, therefore see different thanks.. Stating the obvious in a somewhat 'vague' or shall I say 'indirect' fashion gets brownie points from the most arrogant on this forum. Oh that reminds me of Jack Hershey ... although he even goes as far as constructing poorly designed sentences with the intention to obfuscate the reader -- yet another function of arrogance and insecurity (or mental disorder, if he's not functioning as well as we are to believe). A sincere and selfless desire to teach and communicate is not usually inclusive of an intentional lack of clarity.. ie check out real BRILLIANT guys like Gregory Mankiw who are very easy to understand.

#26     Jan 26, 2008
  7. To me the analogy of a painting where some can see things missing and others can't is perfect for trading. When I look at the box (LII+book) I see a lot that others don't. But it's right in front of me and I'm looking right at it. I can show someone else what I saw after the fact and he can go "ohhhh," but then the next time something new comes around he'll again fail to see what just pops out at me. I've heard other traders make the painting analogy as well, so it just seems rather self-explanitory.

The proof that most cannot overcome their conditioning is that most people who try to trade fail.

#27     Jan 26, 2008
  8. I'd buy Jim Cramer lunch, just to shake his hand. I am a fan.

#28     Jan 26, 2008

9. i disagree with your premise. the mind-eye or intuition is the only potential edge the normal retail trader has. your eye sight-- which i'm guesing you mean looking at charts--- is EXTREMELY decieving.

we don't see the same thing ( regarding the market ) with our eyes---we all see it differently--hence the diverse opinions of every chart pattern particularly when the pattern is forming.

your eyes, by definition, only see the PAST when trading as the trades, patterns you see have already occured.

the application of the intuitive process==is key.

trade what you think, not what you see.

regards,

surf

#29     Jan 26, 2008

10. dude, with all due respect, CRAMER is super succesful by anyone's standards.

regards,

surf

#30     Jan 26, 2008