JIM Cramer is posting on ET

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naked, Jan 26, 2008.

1. gobar

gobar

2. Fangdog

Fangdog

It is amazing what one person sees and another does not. It is why the market is what it is. I coach people how to trade and what was a revelation to me was how many just can't trade no matter how smart, successful in other things or how well educated. I used to think anyone can learn to be a trader as long as they became aware of what it is to be a trader...I learned it just isn't so.

At this point IMO, it has to do with mind-sight and eye-sight. Mind-sight and eye-sight are in constant conflict. Mind-sight is a function of prior conditioning, whereas, eye-sight is what it is now.

It is like a painting of a landscape with hidden objects in the painting. At first we don't see the hidden objects and there is a possibility we never would unless we were told there are hidden objects in the landscape. Once we find the hidden objects, they will jump-out at us every time we view the landscape even years later. However, there are some who can never find the hidden objects on their own and have to have the objects pointed out to them every-time they view the landscape.

Trading is a lot like the analogy for a lot of people, more than I realized. It isn't the market or a flawed system which defeats the trader. It is his mind-eye, IMO. We all see the same thing with our eye-sight, but we most often see totally different things with our mind-sight.

#12     Jan 26, 2008
  3. Fuck Cramer. I quit watching him several years ago.

John

#13     Jan 26, 2008
  4. Elvis posts on ET too!

#14     Jan 26, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Crammer is a the PT Barnum of our era. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he posted on ET, lots of suckers on this site :D

#15     Jan 26, 2008
  6. He's only hear to beta test his new site........

EliteScamArtist

#16     Jan 26, 2008
  7. One of the best posts ever contributed to ET.

- Spydertrader

#17     Jan 26, 2008
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

yes i agree....and i've pretty much read them all....

#18     Jan 26, 2008
  9. #19     Jan 26, 2008
  10. Yep, even from seemingly the most useless threads we will find the pearls of trading wisdom to help us along on our journey.

Fandog isn't just talking about his students btw, he's talking about you, me and everyone who trades, everytime they trade.

#20     Jan 26, 2008