Jim Cramer having a badddd week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Now you know the secret of his success. He takes both sides of every argument so he HAS to be correct. He depends on new viewers that haven't been around long enough to hear his contradictions. As long as there are new viewers of his show he will remain on the air. Anyone who has listened to him long enough will know he says whatever is necessary to prove his point at that particular time. Hell, he will even playback the excerpt to make him look like a genius. What the new viewers don't know is there is also an excerpt in the archives that say the exact opposite.

#21     Jul 21, 2007
  2. Here is the game plan, the Contrarian Cramer Game Plan,

TXN- Buy before the call
    AMZN- Buy before the call
    BA- Sell before the call
    GLW- Sell before the call
    AAPL- Buy before the call
    CMI- Buy before the call
    XOM- Buy before the call
    CVX- Buy before the call
    Companies reporting earnings on Monday include Texas Instruments (TXN - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating), which is Cramer's favorite semiconductor other than the more-speculative Nvidia (NVDA - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating). It was barely down today, he said, which was impressive. "If it comes down after its earning report, yes, you want to buy some TXN." But not before earnings.

On Tuesday, Amazon.com (AMZN - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) reports. "Whatever people say, Amazon will be viewed negatively," Cramer said. "So wait till it comes down to buy it."

As for Boeing (BA - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating), also Tuesday, Cramer said he's not backing way. He said he bets it's just biding its time before it hits $120.

The "one stock in the whole darn Game Plan I would actually buy" ahead of its earnings report, also Wednesday, is Corning (GLW - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating). Cramer owns Corning for Action Alerts PLUS, his charitable trust.

Apple (AAPL - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) hit its 52-week high today, Cramer said. "I like this story very much, but I am being so, so, so hoggish," he said. "You've got to take a little off."

Cummins' (CMI - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) run is probably not over, "but after CAT, do you mind if I take a few profits?"

To stay in Exxon Mobil (XOM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) and Chevron (CVX - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) without ringing the register a little, Cramer said, is "total greed. ... Wake up and smell the gasoline!"

#22     Jul 21, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

On Friday's July 20 show he did recommend taking profits before next weeks earnings reports. He probably doesn't want to get blame for people losing money on some of his picks. Such as Google.

Cramer is amazing, his call for DOW 14,500 appears to be correct.

#23     Jul 21, 2007
  4. Cramer is amazing?

Yeah.

#24     Jul 22, 2007
  5. timcar

timcar

Cramer is amazing!!!!! Hell yes

The one thing that does drive me crazy with Cramer is the fact that he bounces around about his buy and sell recommendations.
    One day buy apple two days latter sell.
    I see why people told him that: he was driving himself crazy everyday at his hedge fund. I guess this is the type of temperament it takes to be good at day trading????

#25     Aug 8, 2007
  6. What kind of bubble-gum do u chew? You keep believing Cramit is amazing and you'll do really really well. Hhahahhahaahahaha, man you guys make my day.
    GT

#26     Aug 8, 2007
  7. the funniest thing about him now. He is long only. he just destroys accounts,but the flock sucks up the kool-aid!

#27     Aug 8, 2007
  8. ken__0

ken__0

thanks frank now iv got a craving for kool aid

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzoYQ41Yd0Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xzoYQ41Yd0Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#28     Aug 8, 2007
  9. http://cramerwatch.org/

Id rather bet with the monkey.

#29     Aug 8, 2007
  10. ken__0

ken__0

oh sht thanks for the laugh "leonard the wonder Monkey"
    wish i had thought of it.

#30     Aug 8, 2007