Jim Cramer having a badddd week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 20, 2007.

1. "This is a market where good news matters," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show on Speculation Friday.

As part of his game plan, Cramer said investors should consider buying two kinds of stocks next week: those he believes will report "BTE," or better-than-expected quarters, and those that are part of "the anger trade."

Cramer told potential investors that he would buy Coca-Cola (KO) ahead of its earnings release on Tuesday because he believes the weak dollar will cause Coca-Cola to report a better-than-expected quarter.

In addition, Cramer said he believes that Intel (INTC) will also report a better-than-expected quarter on Tuesday, and told viewers that he thought it could go up "a quick point" on the news.

Viewers might want to buy United Technologies (UTX) before it reports on Wednesday, Cramer said, because he believes its infrastructure and aerospace divisions will cause United Technologies to have a better-than-expected quarter.

Continuing with his game plan, Cramer recommended Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX) , which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, as another stock that he believes will beat earnings estimates next week.

Honeywell (HON) should report better-than-expected earnings on Wednesday, Cramer predicted. Cramer also said he expects Johnson Controls (JCI) to beat its earnings estimates on Thursday, and that he would be surprised "if it doesn't rally 10 points."

On Friday, Cramer said, he expects Caterpillar (CAT) and Schlumberger (SLB) will both report better-than-expected quarters. "I'd buy all these names before they report and enjoy the good news," he concluded.

Cramer then explained his anger bet, which he said involves the banks. Next week, when Merrill Lynch (MER) , Wells Fargo (WFC) , JPMorgan Chase (JPM) , Bank of America (BAC) and Citigroup (C) report, Cramer told viewers, he believes those companies will increase their stock buybacks and raise dividends, because "these banks are on a mission to show that there is no slowdown." Cramer said he would buy any of these five banks and that he has been purchasing Citigroup for his charitable trust.

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Everybody stop watching him so his show gets cancelled. Thanks.

3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i agree. he makes obvious pcks when the markets are in a trend . for example,ATI ,tex,CAT. any idiot could of picked those. he should stop with the booya bullshit and all the drama that he does and talk intelligently about the markets. he is now making a fool of himself. just do the show without any nonsense and stop with the booya bullshit and all the gimmciks.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Wait till the bear the comes back, talk about a tough week its going to be a tough 2-3 years.

5. I agree, he will be around until the bear comes back to wall st.

When the market drops 10% and then flatlines for a few months, his show will get cancelled.

6. with GS trading at 220, Jimbo said you're an idiot for selling

he needs a hairpiece

7. Please don't frighten stock_turd3r. Without Cramer he won't know how to make paper profits.

8. I've been thinking this swoon would do him in. He is counting on retail, and they do not tolerate losses.

I don't think Rupert wants him. Maybe Comedy Central, or Nickelodean, but not Fox.

9. He said today...referring to his call on GOOG..."I didn't let you down...GOOG did":( ...however when his call works it's " I made you money by this great call":eek: ......Let ME make you really rich...however if I don't then its the company's fault...not mine!!!!! Give me a break!!! I don't watch his show...never have, the yelling is unsettling.

10. Too bad you can't make any profits Mr. I lost $17,000 in one day.

#10     Jul 20, 2007