Jigsaw November Leaderboard - Mr Gekko wins 2 months in a row!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JigsawTrading, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JigsawTrading

JigsawTrading Sponsor

We are happy to announce that MrGekko has won the Jigsaw Leaderboard contest for the 2nd month running. With a P&L for the month of just over $19k and a consistency rating of 59.

His win rate remains the same at around 44% and his winners are approximately 2 times his losing trades on average.

He wins the $500 cash prize.

For more information on the winner and the improvements made by many of the other participants, click here for the full results.

2. Those numbers I can believe.

With such results being your contest's best... it should give starry-eyed ET trader wannabes a realistic sense of what can be accomplished.

What does "consistency rating of 59" mean?

Simples likes this.
  3. JigsawTrading

JigsawTrading Sponsor

Yup - none of these results are "turn $1,000 into $1,000,000"
    We had a chat with a couple of prop firms and asked "how do you decide if someone can go live".

Based on the metrics they gave us - we built up a ratings system that rated based on the things they look for - like daily drawdowns, ability to recover from losses and a bunch of other stuff.

We figured it'd be a better measure than PnL 'cause someone could just take a big swing at the end of the month to win.

Which of course is why you don't see the "turn $1,000 into $1,000,000" on there - although I am sure I'm shooting myself in the foot doing that!

4. Is that 59/100? Is "59" a high rating?

Is yours a real money contest?

5. JigsawTrading

JigsawTrading Sponsor

No - it's not 59/100 - the max differs by month depending on the number of trading days.

It's a mix of live & demo accounts.

The top traders from a P&L perspective are live. MrGekko, the winner is in a prop firm and duplicating his firm trades on the leaderboard. The other is reporting his live trades from a non-prop environment.

Would be nice to see a home trader kick the prop traders ass into touch... ;-)