Jigsaw Is Hiring - JS Devs, C# Devs, Customer Support....

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JigsawTrading, Sep 15, 2020.

1. I already know.

Working in development is like being a monkey in a tree.
    When you are at the top, you look down and all you see are smiling faces.
    When you are at the bottom, you look up and all you see are assholes.

#21     Sep 17, 2020
    stochastix likes this.
  2. It is true.

When it took 30 minutes to compile you took more care about what you wrote. Trial and error doesn't produce elegant, maintainable code.

My first my boss was an old "punched cards, 1 compile a day" guy. I could do something I thought was perfect and he could destroy it in 3 keystrokes. Great experience.

My son did IT as part of his IBs and they were basically told to do some c# code and look it up on Github. They didn't teach them and of the basics, we had to learn - doing math in binary and hex, learning about logic gates etc. or top down design approaches.

It is funny how it has evolved.

We do an aptitude test as part of hiring. 25 questions, I got 24/25 when I did it. One of the guys at Jigsaw got 25 (I should have fired the smartarse)

One guy last week got 16. I told him the minimum was 20 and he went on a rant:
    - Well YOU wouldn't have been able to do my Phd thesis
    - You didn't give me enough time (it's 30 mins)
    - and I'm dyslexic

Now - I'm not against people with learning disabilities but in a job that requires working with large volumes of text. Is dyslexia an argument for a 2nd chance?

Funny old game.

#22     Sep 17, 2020
  3. VAX/VMS with C and User-written System Services.

Best Ever.

Now I'm doing this:

https://github.com/ScottfreeLLC/AlphaPy

#23     Sep 19, 2020
    VPhantom, fan27 and JigsawTrading like this.
  4. fan27

fan27

Looks good! Are you using your tools to actually make money trading? I have a similar project but the walk forward testing feature needs work...my live trading results were not that consistent.

#24     Sep 20, 2020
  5. Not yet, the backtesting is done, but like you, still need to finish the walk forward testing.

#25     Sep 21, 2020
    fan27 likes this.