jgan exposed

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by voltrader, Apr 19, 2002.

1. jgan. when are you going to come clean?
    I fgot suspicious when you revived a dead elocal thread with a fact that everyone new...so I did a search on your user name ...and...your posts...and gee look at this.....what BS.

<http://www.elitetrader.com/i/s.gif>

Displaying Topics 1 to 10 of 10

Topic Forum Author Replies Views Date
    Thread: Help with futures brokers! [Go to first new post]
    Preview: I would give www.elocaltrading.com a try. They offer volume discounts. The guy to contact is Doug Zalesky. He is a principal of the firm and was a bond pit trader for many years. he can be reached...
    Trading jgan 12 617 04-18-02
    09:35 PM
    Thread: JTader with elocaltrading [Go to first new post]
    Preview: I forgot to mention that they must have upgraded their servers. I've been stable now for 7 days in a row.

They told me a few weeks ago that they had to add more servers to their system as they have...
    Futures jgan 34 3929 04-17-02
    09:25 PM
    Thread: JTader with elocaltrading [Go to first new post]
    Preview: There must be some confusion out there over elocaltrading's commission rate. They no longer have the $500 monthly minimum commission charge. I believe they got rid of that last year. They offer a sliding...
    Futures jgan 34 3929 04-17-02
    09:17 PM
    Thread: Who's The Best Futures Firm
    Preview: www.elocaltrading.com offers rates as low as $3.00 per side, all fees included.

eLocal provides their clients with the Patsystems J-TRADER platform with excellent phone execution back-up.

Through...
    Futures jgan 5 561 01-29-02
    06:23 PM
    Thread: TBonds futures trading
    Preview: Try www.elocaltrading.com

The principals of the firm have traded Bonds for 20 years. They still clear 150 floor locals mostly in the Bond Pit.

They use the Patsystems J-TRADER platform...
    Futures jgan 18 1984 12-18-01
    05:51 PM
    Thread: Futures Broker
    Preview: Try www.elocaltrading.com

They offer the Patsystem's J-TRADER platform, attentive customer service, a 24 hour execution desk and a fair commission structure.
    Futures jgan 5 811 12-06-01
    10:22 PM
    Thread: Back up Broker for IB
    Preview: try www.elocaltrading.com

They offer the Patsystems J-TRADER platform, attentive service, a 24 hour execution desk and a fair commission rate
    Futures jgan 15 2130 12-04-01
    09:27 PM
    Thread: Best broker for automated trading
    Preview: Try www.elocaltrding.com

They offer the Patsystems J-TRADER platform, attentive service,
    24 hour execution desk and a fair commission rate.
    Direct Access (Retail) jgan 1 307 12-04-01
    09:11 PM
    Thread: eLocal Drops $500/month charge
    Preview: I agree. eLocal is a great alternative to IB. At some point the market will recognize that a faster, more stable and efficient electronic platform coupled with personal attentive service is as much of...
    Direct Access (Retail) jgan 36 4142 11-16-01
    04:01 PM
    Thread: eFloorTrade vs. IB? [Go to first new post]
    Preview: take a look at www.elocaltrading.com

They've done away with the $500 monthly commission minimum.
    They offer fair rates with volume discounts and I've heard that their J-TRADER electronic...
    Direct Access (Retail) jgan 31 4516 11-13-01
    10:59 PM

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM. Displaying Topics 1 to 10 of 10

2. Trader101

Trader101 Guest

good job soldier :)

3. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

salesmen will always try to sell their stuff. It's understandable. Since the policy of this site prohibits this as agreed when signing up, it has to be done sneakly (well, sometimes even obvious).

We can deal with that. But members should also understand that they do encourage the spam. How ?
    when you ask broad questions like "what futures broker to choose?", "what do you think of xxx ?", "what are your commission schedule, fees etc ?".

why don't you contact DIRECTLY the brokers and ask them ? why do you use ET for that, it's beyond me.
    Asking specific questions or checking fact is something, but asking here instead of emailing or give a phone call to the broker is not understandable.
    It is just calling for ads, spam and so called 'commercialization of ET'.

I would encourage members to use the 'kill post' feature. You see a post which is plain and simple advertising, and you click the 'kill' function.

I think the site is useful when you find useful content about trading and not just a list of commissions. The broker rating section of the site is there for that. why not use it when it's legit ?

of course the worst is a broker who hides himself. then trying to push his company and posing as a customer. this is advertising, spamming without the visible 'infomercial' tag. And we'll have less of it.

4. <i>why don't you contact DIRECTLY the brokers and ask them ? why do you use ET for that, it's beyond me.
    Asking specific questions or checking fact is something, but asking here instead of emailing or give a phone call to the broker is not understandable.</i>

But if one wants feedback, asking the broker directly is not useful - if they were unscrupulous, they would just lie.

<i>just calling for ads, spam and so called <b>commercialization</b> of ET'.</i>

Are you against all commercialization of ET? How do feel about the deletion of posts that criticize advertisers?

5. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I agree with that. And there are many such posts like this. I, myself, posted such feedback and also gave feedback. the debate is not about censorship as unauthorized advertisers would like you to believe. it is about preventing simple spamming and free advertising.
    when someone is a sponsor I can see, first they are more professional in their handling of replies, they are tagged as sponsor so member can take their answer with a grain of salt (or not), and of course they make this site possible.
    free advertisers are often in disguise and sneaky (this thread is about that), they don't usually show their true intent, and are not helping this site with either content or money. so in fact they live from the site for free.
    it does not matter the size of the advertiser. You KNOW that several of the current sponsors were classified as free advertisers by us. But they came clean about it aknowledging the mutual benefit of becoming sponsors. They put their money where the mouth is and I respect that. It is then normal to be stricter with those who do not follow the rules they agreed on when signing up.
    It's obvious that I am not against it for the reasons mentioned above.
    If you are a trader and against commercialization and capitalism, I just can't understand you. So I am sure you are for it too.
    Regarding posts criticizing, well, I don't think it happens besides some threads I remember against some companies (non sponsors anyway). On the futures forum I am 100% wareagle or myself we don't do it.
    Also we easily let non sponsors reply to unfair comments from members, even if it advertise a bit for them.

we do delete posts when not following the signing up rules :
    "obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, slanderous or otherwise violative of any laws.
    Advertisements are strictly prohibited. You warrant that you will not solicit our members through your posts. "

I aknowledge members who think we should not delete or prevent free advertising. At the same time I do get requests from members to be stricter following the rules. Surely we will tend to follow our own rules ! And like in most things in life there is flexibility there.

tntneo

6. "why don't you contact DIRECTLY the brokers and ask them ? why do you use ET for that, it's beyond me."

Because shining a bright white light on brokers forces them to clean up their act. Have you ever tried getting a straight answer out of some of these brokers? And how about feedback as it pertains to what brokers are stating? This is the best part of an open forum.

I can see your point of view that forcing these brokers to become sponsors makes sense to the bottom line. But don't pretend that your protecting people from spamming. The crowd is plenty able to police these spammers on its own.