JFK - Path to Prosperity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

OK, see 'ya around, thanks for the money!!

#11     Feb 9, 2011
  2. I always considered him incompetent by the way he handled the bay of pigs, Cuban missile crisis.

I was very surprised to hear his thoughts on the economy. Just shows how far down the tubes we have gone when a liberal democrat from 50 years ago sounds like Ron Paul.

#12     Feb 9, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Of course it was pointed out in another thread recently that he did not write his stuff, so I'm sure that applies here as well.

#13     Feb 9, 2011
  4. His advisors screwed that up. JFK was a policy novice, he had to rely on outside help. And remember, paleo-liberals and conservatives have no issues. Neo-liberals and Neo-Cons have issues. There must be an option besides enormous government and a theocracy, which is what is being offered now.

#14     Feb 9, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

There sure is another option! First, simplify society (not just ours). Second, reduce government to fit simpler society!

#15     Feb 9, 2011
  6. How about this? Leave us alone. Provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, GENERAL WELFARE, NOT SPECIFIC, and secure the ......you know the speech.

Tell the government to do it's job and leave us alone. Completely alone. They are not responsible for the the free markets. They only need to provide the platform and stand back.

Leave us alone.

Did I say leave us alone?

#16     Feb 9, 2011
  7. People weren't happy with how Nixon handled Vietnam, Reagan had Iran Contra, and there is no need to bring up Bush....

Every president has had a significant foreign policy screw up. I know you are a birther and all that, but do try to stay near the median.

Just wanted to provide some pub facts so as to be "fair and balanced":)

#17     Feb 9, 2011
  8. We sho' don't how to elect the losers don't we. (g)

#18     Feb 9, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

The problem with "leave us alone" is that Man's capacity for wrongdoing has not changed, but our numbers, and the scope of effect of the tools we wield, have grown enormously. And so it has for other societies as well. And the worldwide competition for resources is sharpening--the world is shrinking. So taking into account the forces for evil within, and the forces for evil without, the size of our government is no surprise to me. I'm not saying that higher efficiency cannot be achieved, but I'd like to see data that compares our government's size to other nations', controlling for population, development, GDP, etc.

#19     Feb 9, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

I want to agree with you wholeheartedly. But, I think there are areas that government needs to regulate such as the securities industry. However, there is a very, very fine line between over regulation and under regulation. Rarely does government get it right and usually over regulation is what happens.

#20     Feb 9, 2011