JFK - Path to Prosperity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Great clip. Picks up as it goes along.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4S5nM8BjwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"JOHN F. KENNEDY: This administration pledged itself last summer to an across-the-board, top-to-bottom cut in personal and corporate income taxes to be enacted and become effective in 1963. I am not talking about a quickie or a temporary tax cut which would be more appropriate if a recession were imminent. Nor am I talking about giving the economy a mere shot in the arm to ease some temporary complaint. The federal government's most useful role is not to rush into a program of excessive increases in public expenditures, but to expand the incentives and opportunities for private expenditures."

2. pspr

pspr

Democrats aren't what they used to be. After all, Martin Luther King was a Republican.

3. My last post on ET so I might as well make it a GRAND ONE, a Stellar One.

Country can only prosper with capitalism and ownership of one's currency. China and Russia own their own currency and with capitalism they will only have upside from here

Countries like USA, England have capitalism But do not own their own currency and so they will fall.

JFK wanted to END the FED with brand new dollar owned by US government. He paid with his life.

Adios Muchachos :)

4. They will never admit that about King though.

5. sjfan

sjfan

The chinese currency is pegged to the dollar. I would hardly call that as 'owning' its currency in your sense.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You don't hear that mentioned very often. I wonder why.

7. Actually there is no record on his voter registration however his father was a registered Republican and considering the democratic party is the party of racists then there is no reason to think he was a democrat.

8. This is crazy idiot right wing hate speech the likes of which Palin uses when sending out subliminal messages.

9. King would not be a republican today. King was a republican before the Dixiecrats left and took over what is today's republican party. The party of Lincoln became the party of Jefferson Davis:)

10. Not an accident that JFK is one of the greatest Presidential thinkers of all time.

#10     Feb 9, 2011