"JEWS KILLED THE LORD JESUS"

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by BernardRichards, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Believe what you want. Hitler was for the most part publicly Christian (privately, very much an atheist), and the majority of Germany remained a worshipping Christian nation through World War 2. I looked for a scholarly source of the above song and could not find one (though it is widely repeated.)

Pretty fucking sad that you think all non-Abrahamics are skinheads, though. My hair is very long and I'm not a racist... yup, must be a skinhead.

Dollars to donuts, the vast majority of skinheads are radical Christian nutjobs.

#31     Oct 31, 2008
  2. Oh yes, Hitler was a true Christian publicly.

"They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian," Hitler said. "Yes we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians; it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end."

Hitler told his people:

Providence has ordained that I should be the greatest liberator of humanity. I am freeing man from the restraints of an intelligence that has taken charge, from the dirty and degrading self-mortifications of a false vision known as conscience and morality, and from the demands of a freedom and personal independence which only a very few can bear.

Regarding the Bible's influence on culture, Hitler said, "The Ten Commandments have lost their vitality. Conscience is a Jewish invention; it is a blemish, like circumcision."

He said:

If only one country, for whatever reason, tolerates a Jewish family in it, that family will become the germ center ("der Bazillenherd") for fresh sedition.

If even one Jewish child survives, without any Jewish education, with no synagogue and no Hebrew school – it is in his soul.

The Jewish spirit, Hitler explained, is the product of the Jewish person. Destroying their holy places alone would not be enough.

In Hitler’s words,

"Even had there never existed a synagogue or a Jewish school or the Old Testament, the Jewish spirit would still exist and would exert its influence. It has been there from the beginning, and there is no Jew – not a single one – who does not personify it."

You think Hitler was a moron like you?

Hitler's philosophy was evil, but it was rational!

Now in regards to your hair, may it get so long that you can make a rope out of it, and hang yourself with it.

#32     Oct 31, 2008
  3. Are you really this naive Yoohoo or are just practicing your propaganda or historical revisionism in this thread?

Of course, Mel Gibson was going to apologize for those anti-Jewish remarks, and avoid being branded a racist for life and flush his Hollywood career into the toilet.

It is common knowledge that people express their true feelings when they are drunk!

#33     Oct 31, 2008
  4. What in the hell is your angle here, Bernard? Your original post was pretty anti-Christian in general, and you keep spamming the nobeliefs link which claims (perhaps rightly) that Jesus didn't exist.

And you annoyed at me because I, too, don't believe in Jesus (or the God of Abraham in general) ?

I don't mind being flamed, I'm just baffled when it's by someone who seems to mostly agree with me.

Or are you really a devout Jew/Muslim?

#34     Oct 31, 2008

5. Now for the story before the FORCED APOLOGY:

[I Thessalonians 2:14-15

14For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews,

15who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,]

DENVER -- A billboard unveiled on Ash Wednesday, the same day that a controversial movie depicting the last hours of Jesus Christ premiered....

The large-size outdoor marquee, which sits on the property of the Lovingway United Pentecostal Church at Colorado and Mississippi, says, "Jews Killed The Lord Jesus" and the word "Settled!"

Loveway pastor. "The word of God is the final word."

The Anti-Defamation League asked for the marquee to be changed because it is anti-Semitic, but the church only amended the billboard slightly by removing the word "settled" and attributing the line to biblical Scriptures.

That, however, is still not appeasing critics.

"Immediately, I picked up the phone and called the pastor and had a spirited but good and respectful discussion with him in which I tried to explain to him that that kind of message is divisive and exactly the kind of message which has fueled anti-Semitism for thousands of years," said Bruce DeBoskey, the Mountain States Regional Director for the Anti-Defamation League.

"If I can get people to rediscover their bible...if I can get people to go back and look...what does it actually say?" asked Gordon.

Jewish leaders say that like Mel Gibson's new movie "The Passion of The Christ" -- which opened Wednesday morning -- the passage will stir up anti-Semitic attitudes and will cause some people to lash out at Jews.

The Colorado Council of Churches also tried to get Pastor Maurice Gordon to change the sign but he refused and wouldn't even answer the phone or answer the door, 7NEWS reported.

Rev. Jim Ryan, a spokesman for the council, was quick to point out that it is a small minority who feel this way about Jews and that most Christians don't share that sentiment. Although the "Jews Killed the Lord Jesus" line comes from First Thessalonians, second chapter, verses 14 and 15, many [apologist] Christian scholars [now] interpret that passage to mean that when Paul refers to the Jews, he is referring to certain Jews who opposed Jesus' teachings and does not mean all Jews.

Gibson's film has been criticized because it depicts the Roman governor Pontius Pilate as reluctant to crucify Jesus, placing the blame more on the Jewish high priest Caiaphas.

Gibson financed the movie by himself because no Hollywood studio was willing to invest. Gibson, a devout Catholic, belongs to a traditionalist sect that rejects Vatican II changes in 1965 as too liberal, changes that include a law that condemned the medieval thinking that Jews were cursed by God.

That so-called "blood libel" is in the Gospel according to Matthew, when Caiaphas says, "His blood be on us and our children," for allowing the crucifixion to happen.

Gibson says his movie is not anti-Semitic. [Well we know better now after his drunken outburst of rage, but his movie depicts the TRADITIONAL New Testament view regarding the Jews.]

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2873395/detail.html

#35     Oct 31, 2008
    #36     Oct 31, 2008
  7. You are wrong LodeRunner.

I am not anti-Christian.

I am anti-falsehoods wherever they may come from.

I'd rather be among devout Christians and other people that have adopted normative ethics than people like yourself any day and any time.

It is clear based on your writings that you have no character and no ethics. In other words, you are crude low life that wallows in racism.

Thank you though for pointing out to me that you think I mostly agree with you.

I really need to keep working on my writing skills so bigots don't think I am their spokesperson.

P.S. I don't spam. I just prefer to list and acknowledge my sources. How does one explain to someone who doesn't believe in anything that plagiarism is wrong?

Buddha doesn't recommend to believe in nothing, but "only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

#37     Oct 31, 2008
  8. I LOVE you Murray! :)

#38     Oct 31, 2008
  9. I'm a racist, hmm? Try reading my posts, not just the thread titles.

First off, know I am voting for Obama. I think I mentioned it in my very first post in this forum. In the intervening time I've waffled somewhat... I came close to abstaining from the sheer apocalyptic craziness of it all, but I've decided that on the whole a Obama victory is less dangerous than a McCain victory.

Now, where did you get the impression that I'm a racist? Two possibilities spring to mind:

Obama is the son of a Muslim father who never formally renounced his faith. According to most traditional interpretations of sharia, Obama is a Muslim apostate, and the punishment for apostasy is death. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, GIVE SALMAN RUSHDIE A CALL. Poor bastard lived in hiding for decades and watched his business associates be assassinated. I don't think he ever considered himself to be a Muslim, either.

Anyway, this is not an argument that people should vote against Obama, it was just a disturbing observation. Not all Muslims live under or believe in sharia law, but some of the ones that do will use this as a political and religious weapon.

When I brought this up, I brought it up merely as a "holy shit" type revelation. It genuinely stunned me. Upon reflection, I don't think it matters overly much. The fundamentalist jerkoffs will just have one more reason to hate us, while the mainstream Muslims (i.e. the ones who do not live by strictly enforced sharia law) won't give a shit.

The other thing is I think Obama stands an extremely strong chance of being assassinated. Not by radical sharia enforcers (they won't get anywhere near him), but domestically. If you think this is baseless fearmongering, wake the fuck up. The radical right is immune to facts; they honestly believe that he is Muslim (as in, considering himself to be Muslim, not technically-Muslim-under-sharia-law), they believe that Islam is a religion of war, they believe that he is "close friends" with a terrorist, and more than a few have called him out as the antiChrist.

I have NEVER seen this level of hatred projected on a president. Not in numbers, but in intensity and all-out bullshit... no one ever called Clinton a terrorist. No one ever shouted "kill him!" at a rally. Spend 10 minutes surfing youtube, look at the staggering numbers of people who believe this horseshit. They're not all KKK members... so many of them are regular looking midwesterners...

I hope Obama wins, and I hope that his first act as president is to quadruple the budget of the Secret Service and restrict his public outings to a bare minimum.

Even moreso... I hope I'm wrong. I hope the youtube videos are all staged or exaggerated. I hope I'm just a paranoid cynical fuck.

I'm having a flashback right now. I do believe I uttered those same words in 2003, on the eve of the Iraq war, while saying "this is going to be Vietnam part 2. I KNOW it. But fuck, I really hope I'm wrong..."

One final thing: I never said I didn't believe in anything. I believe in more than you can possibly imagine... but I don't believe in the followers of Abraham. If you want to call me a religious bigot, I'm fine with that. I guess all the Christians who think I'm going to hell are bigots, too.

But I am not and will never be a racist.

P.S. Buddhism is overrated. All the really nifty shit (especially chan / zen) was ripped off of Taoism. Buddha wishes he was cool enough to sit at Lao Tzu's table.

#39     Oct 31, 2008
  10. jem

jem

the existence of jesus from a non believer...
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcno.htm

no he is not right on everything but... it is a heck of a lot more legit than that no belief garbage. that no beliefs website is brainless.

First of all courts allow hearsay to come in as evidence everyday. Sometimes it comes in for the truth. And courts make allow historical records in all the time.

He leaves out the point that much of the tradition (read history) back then was oral. And the a roman historian and others could have been writing from tradition... Which if you do the research is frequent self correcting for errors in communities.

#40     Oct 31, 2008