Jewish Female Judge Allows Florida Gays To Adopt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Nov 25, 2008.

1. karol88

karol88

I know what you're saying, yet there's hope for many heterosexual couples (at least science is working on that) unlike for gays. How do gay couples benefit the society?

#51     Nov 26, 2008
  2. there may be extreme cases where a kid is better off with a few gays that the alternatives, the world can be a rough place - for instance a really crappy abusive orphanage vs a couple of very nice caring rich gays

but overall, I think it puts a lot on a kid to have to understand that his dads are 'going boofy' with each other, and have to defend that to his friends - the average kid has enough trama learning what hetero parents do

at that point, the kid is really put in a dilemma, he really isnt free to form his own opinions on such things

#52     Nov 26, 2008
  3. jem

jem

A voice of moderation and reason. I suspect you soon be called a homophobe.

#53     Nov 26, 2008

4. Your argument is that gay couple should not have adoption because by nature they can not have children (Do not fight nature) Yes?
    Ok, my argument is if heterosexual couple can not have a baby by nature, then are you saying they should not adopt (Do not fight nature)
    I do not agree that it should be about nature working for gay or heterosexual people. It should be about the effect on the child if a child is raised by gay parents, not if baby was conceived by sex between the couple. A gay couple could love and nurture their child, but society will be cruel to the child many times because of fear, ignorance, personal beliefs.....and this is wrong in my opinion. So I am not so pro gay parents because of this reason.

#54     Nov 26, 2008
  5. jem

jem

How about the fact that a kid has grow up knowing one of his dads (probably the catcher) acts like an oppressed women in order to attract the attention of other males.

Now I know not every gay couple has an obvious pitcher and a catcher, but many do.

I can't imagine a young boy growing up in a household like that can be said to be healthy. I am not saying I know it is unhealthy... I am saying how can you say you know it is healthy.

Go ahead call me homophobe or instead why don't you address the issue.

Believe it or not, I have not ever weighed in on the issue of lesbians raising boys or even girls. (to my recollection)

I am currently against two males adopting boys, but I think I could be open minded if society had the balls to put in place safe guards.

Instead of educating. I fully expect to be called some sort of name by liberal and gay knee jerk losers.

#55     Nov 26, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

Is that even an issue?

#56     Nov 26, 2008

7. I do not understand when you say one of the dad has to act like opressed woman to have attention of other males. In heterosexual couples the woman does not have to be oppressed to attract a male, so I do not understand this. The women has to be receptive to a male attention if she is interested, or she has to give a signal to a male to see if he is interested with her. Not oppressed.
    If it is healthy for a boy to be raised with 2 males is another question because he does not see how female and male relate to each other when he is growing up, but I believe if he is born a heterosexual (the child), then when he is 13 or more years old he will naturally be attracted to females and seek a female.
    But the society will cause the child humiliation and shame, and this is what is unhealthy.

#57     Nov 26, 2008
  8. But the society will cause the child humiliation and shame, and this is what is unhealthy.
    ----------------------------

If caregivers would agree on this point. Then the ending arguement is "do no harm". You can't expose children where there is a remote possibility of "harm".

#58     Nov 26, 2008

9. That is my reason in my heart to think gay people should not adopt. Not because I think gay people are all cruel, or unstable, no. Because the child will not be accepted most likely as (normal) to many people in society, and he will be treated as abnormal by some. Just my opinion. I would not treat someone with gay parents with cruelty, or tease or hate them for that. But some people have fear and ignorance so great, they become cruel in the name of religion, or personal belief, or what is normal to them, to prove they are right.

#59     Nov 26, 2008
  10. jem

jem

In my industry (I no longer trade for a living so I went back to real estate law and real estate) i interact with gays all the time. There are many gay men who adopt female gestures, expressions and actions. They flame on more at certain times. So I know it is an act at least to a large degree.

Now, do you think these guys are acting like hillary clinton in public or are they acting like a women who attracts guy by being a little helpless and in need of a sugar daddy.

My opinion is that they try to act like oppressed or dominated women at times. If you do not see that then I do not think you are interacting with the ones I will guess are the catchers - There a lot of catchers in real estate.

#60     Nov 26, 2008